LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

helpless women (doctor)     21 October 2015

Please clarify my doubts

hi im 25 years old doctor and got married 2 yrs back to a doctor and he is 28 yrs old .

except on day 1,he never touched me neither showed intrest in me.we were together for 2 years and never had any other problem except there in no intimacy .now i want divorce from him which he is not willing to as he says he doesnt have any medcial problem,except psychological fear.

he says he loves me and cannot live without me .but i am not convinced 

will i get divorce in this grounds and if i can get how much time will it take 

please let me know 

Learning

12 Replies

S. Deepika (Lawyer)     21 October 2015

Hi Dear,

you can ask him to come for psychological counselling or take him to appropriate doctor.  refusal for marital bliss is also a form of cruelty and we do not know whether it is a fear or psychological issue or his inability or he is having any impotency issues. under this ground you can get divorce, so approach a good lawyer dealing with matrimonial issues for getting divorce. if you are able to convince him, you both can get mutual divorce by way of filing a petition in common. so kindly talk to him and approach a lawyer

S. Deepika (Lawyer)     21 October 2015

and the last one, you asked about the time, time we cannot predict. it will take atleast two years and it depends upon the place of filing and amount of family cases pending in such courts. if you both go for mutual consent, it is only a matter of six months.

Sumit Nandvani (Advocate)     21 October 2015

Hello Mam, Will u please let me knw about the environment of ur matrimonial home. Are u living with ur parents in laws or separate? Look there are some grounds to made for proper relief. First we have to concern about the grounds of divorce then it will take not much tym. I personally advise to talk with any other source coz of privacy issues. If u want to discuss with me on whatsapp then plz contact me on my no. 8826550368. Will surely rely upon this.

Mukesh sharma (job )     21 October 2015

i agree with s. deepika mam you are right bec their no time its depand on court and case first you take chanse to save your relation if your husband not agree for psychological test are counsiling than you meet with good lawyer who tell you all of it and file case on family court you get divourse 

deepika mam

thakyou you so much for the valuable to reply

sumith nandvani

sir i m still pursuing my post graduation and staying with my parents ..we planned to stay seperately and he was not willing to seperately .because of his force we had to stay with our parents and i m the only daughter i come from upper middle class family .

Democratic Indian (n/a)     21 October 2015

Agree with the views of S. Deepika. Presuming Hindu Marriage Act is applicable, then Sections 13(1)(ia) & (iii) of the Act may become applicable. As stated by the author of this thread, except the day one, husband has not been intimate and saying it is "fear" that is preventing intimacy. It means he had no fear on day one, but after that claiming fear as way of staying away from intimacy. Might be cooking up an excuse or lie as an after thought.

no sir .after many days of our marriage ,i had asked him why is he keeping me away and he said he had pain during intercourse and i have forced him to get a surgery done .he is a urologist and i have found from the surgeon that the surgery went well and he is ok ,.but later he started complaining of fear...

tried to help him many times but he never listenend to me

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     21 October 2015

Yes,

I support the views and suggestions of Adv Deepika,nothing moreto add at this stage.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     21 October 2015

Originally posted by : helpless women
no sir .after many days of our marriage ,i had asked him why is he keeping me away and he said he had pain during intercourse and i have forced him to get a surgery done .he is a urologist and i have found from the surgeon that the surgery went well and he is ok ,.but later he started complaining of fear...

tried to help him many times but he never listenend to me

Looks like he went for circumcision of foreskin or excision of short frenulum to prevent pain by streching during s*xual activity. Probably the problem is not legal but psychological. Person looses interest in s*xual activity if the mind or body is not really relaxed. Probably you will have to work on this aspect. Remember in matters of intimacy, men are visual creatures. They get usually aroused by visual stimulus than anything else. Taking a relaxing shower together fully nude, or a mutually relaxing body message to each other fully nude, may become a point from where the things may move in desired direction.

1 Like

b.goheel   21 October 2015

Since both of you are in medical field, both of you should well aware of working of human anatomy under normal condition and stress or/ psychologial fear condition better than common man.

seems ODD from your post that your hubby is still staying with you at your parent house and your seeking legal advice.
from this one may imagine the kind of attitude all of you have towards your husband.
still he stays !!!.
must have an attachment with you.

it is a human tendency to show the fault of others to hide own.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     21 October 2015

Mr.Gyan Prakash,

UR reply is irrelevant for the above query and the examples U mentioned are absurd,better concentrate on providing the querist UR suggestions .

Dear Querit,

The best possible solution is to solve the problem without legal hurdles as they will wreck the lives of both the people.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     21 October 2015

Both of you need to go to a marriage counsellor to sort out his fear and anxieties. Yes divorce can be granted on this ground. First rule out psychological issues, if any. Otherwise his behaviour is abnormal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register