LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sheikimran   14 October 2015

Air tel has deactivated my prepaid mobile connection service

I am using this prepaid connection for the last 10 years.i  had purchased this number with life time validity plan.it has a validity up-to 2030.i had registered this number for all my banking  services. Airtel has dis-connected my connection on 8th September 2015 .when i contacted the airtel customer care the guy told me that the service was disconnected for document verification,so he asked me to submit my documents in any one of their air tel gallery.so as per his instruction i visited the air-tel gallery in saidapet the name of  the gallery is saidai telecommunication in chennai at (12th September 2015),the executive in the showroom told me that the sim was allotted to another customer ,i was shocked and he asked me to contact the nodal team.when i contacted the nodal team they told me that the sim was assigned  to another customer.when i ask for the reason they told me that the sim was  automatically disconnected for  not making any incoming/outing calls.but unfortunately i am not in India for last 3 months and my  mobile was in international roaming that why i don't make any calls,but it was  inserted on my mobile and i received incoming messages everyday for my banking and other services,without my knowledge they deactivated my sim and allotted it to another customer.they don't give me any proper intimation before the  disconnection.when i asked them for re-connection they told me that it was allocated to someone.As per the telecom consumer protection six amendment act of 2013 the service provider need to give 15 days of grace time for service re-connection,but air-tel has failed to providing me of  those  grace period.i sent numerous  emails regarding about this issue but air-tel appellate is not giving any solution they are repeating the same for me.is there any possibility to take action against airtel,DId i have any possibilty to get back number.

Reference Number for Contacting Air-tel Appellate =QZUBR11006716666

Previous Customer ref no:Ref20083283

Thanks And Regards,
sheik imran,
Mobile:9710197970

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2015

If you are right and M/s Airtel is deficient then don't waste time and show all communications on record to an able counsel specializing in consumer matters and move to:

DCDRF

Consumer Forums can decide private telecom operator cases.

You may go thru:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Consumer-court-can-now-decide-telecom-complaints-100830.asp#.U0wKFEeBmXU

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Telecom-cases-amp-consumer-jurisdiction-107330.asp#.Vh558G5-jMo

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2015

A fit case for getting your grievances redressed through consumer forum.  First issue a legal notice to the company seeking the relief against the grievances, if the company is not responding or their responses are not satisfactory, you may approach a jurisdictional consumer forum seeking relief of compensation for your mental agony and for other losses. 

Sam Daniel   04 November 2015

Hi Imran,

Do you find any solution? Me too exactly facing same issue 

sheikimran   06 November 2015

Mr.sam not yet going to file a case against airtel in district  consumer forum,before that i am going to get back my number by negotiating with the person who had my number and going to transfer that number to my friend id proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register