LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand   26 September 2015

E courts website

My wife had filed a domestic violence case against me in 2014, never recieved a notice from the court to attend, the case went exparte so I kept watching the proceedings on the website.

The last date for hearing was the 23rd September 2015 and it says the case was DISPOSED DISMISSED AS WITHDRAWN and there is no new date, but the judges order says 

No exparte evidence is present today. Counsel for the

petitioner requested for an adjournment. Same is granted. Now to come up on

09.10.2015 for exparte evidence of petitioner.

I am now confused as to weather the case has been withdrawn or the next date is 09.10.2015.

The cause list for 09.10.2015 does not have the case listed for that day, and it has been transfered to the deposed catagory on the ecourts webpage.

Does anyone have any information that could help?

How accurate are the judgements on the ecourts website?

Could this be a typing error by the court reader?

Can the ecourts updates be manipulated in some way so as to prevent me from getting updated information on the case?

Learning

10 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 September 2015

Updates and judgements cannot be manipulated.Some times there could be technical problem in the website.

1 Like

Anand   28 September 2015

Then what should I take as the status of the case DISPOSED or the next date as 09.10.2014?

I have checked the website even today, and it still has the same information listed, that the case is disposed, dismissed as withdrawn but the order says that the next date is 09.10.2015 to present exparte evidence. Very confusing.....

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 September 2015

Could be an error,if U R confused what is UR lawyer doing?

Anand   28 September 2015

I dont have a lawyer because I never got a notice from the court to attend.

I was just searching on the website and found out that my wife had put a domestic violence case on me.

I have been watching the case status on the ecourts website since December 2014.

I just needed to know if she had withdrawn the case. now with the 2 seperate orders I am very confused. The case is listed in Patiala Punjab and I stay in Mumbai.

I dont know anyone there or any local lawyers in that area.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 September 2015

U have to engage a local lawyer somehow and find out the exact status of the case,there is no use sitting at home and watching ecourts website.The more U delay the more problems arise.

1 Like

Anand   30 September 2015

Thanks for your advice. I dont have any relatives or trust worthy people in Patiala to rely and depend on. I shall continue to observe the case on the e courts website and attempt to contact a local lawyer who could help.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with some lawyers in Patiala in the past, they act as if they own the courts and unless you pay exhorbitant amount they ask they are not willing to do anything for you. Thats why I was hoping that if the case had been withdrawn then I would not need a lawyer.

I also have a strange feeling that my wife's lawyer has come to know that I am observing the case online and has somehow (may be by paying some court staff) manipulated the case status so that no more orders would be updated on it.

Anand   01 October 2015

Are the judgements and cause lists on the ecourts website regulated by anybody? If we find an error is there someone we can complain too?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     01 October 2015

Yes U can certainly complain,if there are any mistakes.

1 Like

Anand   10 October 2015

Have emailed the e courts website and told them of the problem, but I've not got any reply back from them yet.

The case was not listed for the 09/10/2015 on the local cause list either.

I think that the case is most likely withdrawn, but will follow-up with a local lawyer just to be safe and confirm.

If my wife has withdrawn the case, will she be able to put another case under the DV act again at a later time? Or am I safe from DV act for now?

Or could I use the fact that she has withdrawn it once before against her?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 October 2015

Now its time U have to act on UR own by visiting to the court,rather than relying the courts website for updates.U have received sufficient suggestions.Good luck.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register