LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     06 December 2009

dishonour of cheque

my  younger brother had a  blank cheque  which he was holding for aout 2 years as security for the loan he has given.  Since they have not paid the money, he deposited now(with writing the date on the cheque) and he got it returned as the account was closed 2 months back.   How to go about the case, as they are politically supported people.

Learning

4 Replies

MR.V.BALAKRISHNAN (INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEY)     06 December 2009

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR ADMITTING THAT YOUR BROTHER HIMSELF HAS WRITEEN UPON THE CHEQUE WOULD MAKE YOUR ENTIRE CLAIMS FAIL,IF YOU  INITIATE ANY LEGAL ACTION. YOU SAY THEY ARE POLITICALLY INFLUENTIAL. IN THAT CASE YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL IN DEALING WITH THEM. YOU BETTER APPROACH A LAWYER AND EXPLAIN HIM EVERYTHING,HE WOULD HELP YOU. ADVOCATE.V.BALAKRISHNAN,COIMBATORE.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     06 December 2009

POSTDATED CHQS,  WRITTEN BY COMPLAINT IS PROVED BY ACCUSED IN TRAIL, THE MATTER ENDS THERE....

1 Like

(Guest)

Under Negotiable Instruments Act a cheque should present to the bank within a validty period of six months only from the date of issue.

In a November 2001 ruling, the Supreme Court of India observed that cheques can be revalidated by the drawer to give them fresh life of another six months even if their validity period has expired. The apex court gave the ruling quashing a Madras high court judgement in a case involving T Kalavathy versus Veera Exports.

Take advice from a expert advocate.

Babu Rao YH (Advocate)     06 December 2009

Dear Sir,

I would like to know the decisions of supreme court and the high court of ap regarding the principle that 'the Hindu joint family is joint unless it is proved it is devided' and further I would like to know the properties purchased by the members or co parcenetrs of joint family is the property of joint family, and it is purchased from the nucleus of joint family unless it is proved the manner of getting the funds for purchasing the said property. Kindly advise me how I will get the decisions from you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register