Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moonlight_8 (others)     30 August 2015

Eviction of tenant (agreement lapsed /no rent paid)

Hello experts ,

I bought a house in 2006 and rented it out to a government job holder in 2007. This person paid regular rent till 2013. Then he stopped paying rent since 2013 feb , since I requested him and his family to vacate house for my personal use. I shifted out of town thereafter leaving the care of my house to my aged parents. They requested tenant repeatedly to vacate.He made excuses & he always assured he will do so in a few months after his kids finish school etc.Four months back I got transferred back to my hometown ,so I sent him a notice of eviction, to which he threatened me he will never vacate & drag me to court for years. My house is locate in Raipur ,chaattisgarh. So can anyone suggest me how long can this process of eviction take in chhaattisgarh ? Will I get my due rent from the tenant too ? Thanks .

Learning

6 Replies

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     30 August 2015

Eviction by law is the only resort available to you now to vacate such ungrateful tenants.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 August 2015

File eviction petition with damages and mesne profits, tentant is a tresspasser if you did not renew the rent agreement. Engage a local lawyer and proceed as advised.

2 Like

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     30 August 2015

Nobody can tell you the time precisely. It all depends on the follow up of the case. Regarding the outstanding rents are concerned you must be having the security deposit with you which you can deduct for rents. Non payment of rents is the main reason for courts to decide fast in landlords favour.
1 Like

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 August 2015

dr vashistaji had given you the right advice

1 Like

Sheetal (Law Student)     30 August 2015

Hi, you can file eviction petition stating you need the house on bonafide need for self and occupation of family members who are dependant on you and you could also point out the violation of terms of rent agreement likewise the non payment of rent since 2013.The hon'ble supreme court has paved the way for distressed landlords to seek remedy by making a landmark judgment satyawati v union of india 2008 , kindly go through that too.don't worry you may seek the remedy through civil proceedings.
2 Like

Moonlight_8 (others)     22 September 2015

My heartfelt thanks to all legal advisors for their suggestions . Apologies for the delay . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register