Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Afra   27 August 2015

Paternity leave

Respected Sir/Madam

I'm working in a autonomous institute (NIT) under the ministry of MHRD,Govt of India.My wife is pregnent(Expected date of delivery september 1st 2015) and i would like to take paternity leave for the same.My institute is planning for convocation on 30th august.My leave sanctioning authority is denying my application stating that "you cannot avail leave during the time of convocation".I had gone through CCS leave rules they mentioned that  paternity leave not to be refused normally .Please help me to get out of this situation .

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2015

Is the declinature in writing?

Your reading of the rules is correct.

Here situation is that in medical terms that your doctor can also explain to you or anyone: Pregnancy delivery is a risk. Female anatomy is complex.The date given by doctor is expected and it can be earlier or later as well due to any medical reason.

By common sense you are expeceted to be by the bed side of your wife.

Declinature of even casual leave in such situation shall be out of sense.

Convocation in NIT is NOT war at borders of the nation that any soldier can be asked to  report OR face trial.

Try to convince by remaining amiable. If you are preturbed approach higher authorities and convince.

1 Like

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     27 August 2015

Peternity cannot be refused om the flimsy grounds.Duty is not importat than the family.You ask for written endorsement of rejection of leave.
1 Like

Afra   28 August 2015

sir thank you for your reply. if they rejected my leave on this flimsy background can k approach it legally. please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register