LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatesh (Manager)     03 December 2009

Disability grievance

I am physically handicapped (> 40%) affected by polio when i was 9 months old. One lower limb is smaller and thinner than the other. I was operated twice in my childhood. i can walk without any wheel chair or sticks but with the support of my hand kept on the affected leg. i walk with a limp.walking through a distance started decreasing day by day as my age is increasing. Now i am 45 yrs. I work for bank as manager (IT). i am in this bank since 23 years and still 15 yrs are there for retirement. i am the only man earning in my family with father & mother (in their old ages) a house wife, and two children one studying engg and other in 11th std. Few weeks back muster signing has been shifted from my department to other department without any valid reasons. these departments are in different floors. daily going to sign in other dept and then coming to my department after travelling from home to office building is being tedious for me. its very painful and i get too exausted. for a week i somehow managed to sign there but i couldnt carry on. i requested my dept incharge but he has shown his inability. so i requested chief manager who has done this change. for which he told "do u come flying frm home", "are u using sticks", "are u using wheel chairs" etc etc which are humilating to me. I just said, to keep the muster in such a manner that it come on the way to my dept so that it would not be tedious for me. but in vain. please help me what should i do....?

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     03 December 2009

You have every right to demand this natural justice from your bosses. There is a law of equal opportunities to the disabled persons and if anyone violates it is liable for the punishments so you make a written representation to the concerned authroties and demand signing at your work place and if they refuse then go to civil court against their arbitrary action.

(Guest)

Venkatesh ji,

If your Chief Manager doesn't co-operate with you. You can send your request petition to the Chief Zonal Manager and Banking Ombudsman. 

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 December 2009

Can you gather courage and make complaints. If so, try this:

Dated: ______ DECEMBER 2009

To

Shri Deepankar Banerjee,

Commissioner, Disabilities,

Govt. of Madhya Pradesh,

Community Hall, New Market,

T.T. Nagar, Bhopal – 462003 

Sub: HARASSMENT BY MY EMPLOYERS

Sir,

I am a physically handicapped person and have been working as Manager (IT) in the Central Bank of India, Zonal Computer Centre, Arera Hills, Bhopal 462006, since 24/11/1986. I am a permanent employee of the bank.

2. Shri M.K. Srivastava is the Chief Manager, HRD. Since he has taken over, not a day has passed without his calling me names. Whenever he notices me in  the office, it has become a fashion with him to taunt me for my physical disability and blaming the government for having given the reservation quota for physically disabled persons. He minces no words and before the staff and outsiders he berates me. Even basic amenities like a wheel chair are denied to me and I am made to climb stairs. The man derives pleasure at my discomforts and appears to be sadistic by nature.

3. He openly violates the PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (Equal Opportunities, protection Of Rights And Full Participation) ACT, 1995, and dares me to complain against him to whomsoever I can. In my 23 years of unblemished service, my colleagues and officers have been quite understanding and helpful until the arrival of Shri Srivastava. His behavior causes me untold suffering, mental agony and torture, harassment driving me to lose my composure and confidence. Day by day, he has become increasingly aggressive in his behavior.

4. I request you kindly to take notice of my suffering at his hands and end the torture to which he has been systematically subjecting me.

Yours faithfully,

(V. Venkateshwarlu)

Copy for necessary action to:

1. Shri S. Sridhar, Chairman and Managing Director, Central Bank of India, Chander Mukhi, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021.
  2. Shri Tarun Bajaj, Joint Secretary (B&I), Ministry of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Jeevan Vihar, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110 001. 
  3. The Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Sarojini House, 6, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi – 110 001 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 December 2009

Originally posted by :Venkatesh
" I am physically handicapped (> 40%) affected by polio when i was 9 months old. One lower limb is smaller and thinner than the other. I was operated twice in my childhood. i can walk without any wheel chair or sticks but with the support of my hand kept on the affected leg. i walk with a limp.walking through a distance started decreasing day by day as my age is increasing. Now i am 45 yrs. I work for bank as manager (IT). i am in this bank since 23 years and still 15 yrs are there for retirement. i am the only man earning in my family with father & mother (in their old ages) a house wife, and two children one studying engg and other in 11th std. Few weeks back muster signing has been shifted from my department to other department without any valid reasons. these departments are in different floors. daily going to sign in other dept and then coming to my department after travelling from home to office building is being tedious for me. its very painful and i get too exausted. for a week i somehow managed to sign there but i couldnt carry on. i requested my dept incharge but he has shown his inability. so i requested chief manager who has done this change. for which he told "do u come flying frm home", "are u using sticks", "are u using wheel chairs" etc etc which are humilating to me. I just said, to keep the muster in such a manner that it come on the way to my dept so that it would not be tedious for me. but in vain. please help me what should i do....? "
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register