Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh (professional)     18 August 2015

What happens if land case suit summon not taken by defendant

Hi Sir,

My brother has filed a suit on me at district court for cancelleing registration of a land and perpetual injunction on the same. The land has been sold to a buyer. 

We have moved to a new place since 3 years. But my brother has been sending the court summons to our old address. People residing at old address has said to the person who has come to serve the summons that we have shifted to other place. But still repeatedly, my brother is sending to the same old address. How many times can this be done and what are the consequences if we are not taking the summons?

If we dont take the summons, does the court considers my brothers appeal and cancels the registration?

Thanks

S

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 August 2015

NO, after you take summons and then you are not appeir in court or not submit vakalatnama thenafter court give order, and it's depend on court how many chance give you.

but if you know why you are not appear in court?

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 August 2015

NO, after you take summons and then you are not appeir in court or not submit vakalatnama thenafter court give order, and it's depend on court how many chance give you.

but if you know why you are not appeir in court?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register