Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer   14 August 2015

Landlord is not fixing appliance and not providing rent rece

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am in bangalore and staying on rent,  My landlord has given me house rental aggrement which reflect "Regresteration and stamps department" on 2/- stamp paper attested by some "Advocate & Notery Public Government of India". There are few things that i want to know about

1. I am paying rent on time by cash but after asking for rent rececipt he said that he has not given receipt to anyone since he is running the building and he said that he wont be able to give.

2. When i joined in, Landlord told that they will fix the appliance but its 3 months over and he is not ready to fix, he is just ignoring me.

3. In Rental aggrement its mentioned that at the time of leaving flat "PAINTING CHARGE" will be deducted from Deposit but amount is not mentioned. In that case he may ask for any amount he wants.

4. Now they are creating problems for me,  Some tenant who is very close to landlord(and they only collect the rent), Their kids has taken out my bikes mirror and has thrown it and their parrents are supporting them for it and when i asked for it they said ask the kid who took your bikes mirror ...After some argument they returned my mirror ...

I am fed up with these people, Should i leave the flat beacause i can not tolerate anymore or please suggest me what is the legal procedure/rule that can help me out in that.

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 August 2015

1. if you are very particular about getting reciept for the rent you pay you may take the issue to the rent controller 

2.what kind of appliance is that.if its so important send him a notice to fix the appliance as per the promise he made failing which you will take the issue to the rent controller

3.he can ask nominal charges only.if he charges excessively tell him that you will paint the house by yourself and bear the expenses

4.things like this do happen sometimes because kids are naughty

1 Like

Baiju Mehta (Prop.)     15 August 2015

Find new one. Liveing peacefuly is most important in life. Law is very weak. Justice comes after long time. Go for new one, and take care for next house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register