Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh (hhh)     02 December 2009

Please help me against dowry act.....very very urgent

Hi,

My wife filed 498a against me and my family thru high court bcus of her father compulsion... So i filed section 9a RCR(i guess) , asking court to make my wife to live with me...before engagement, my frd got a new mobile connection number on his name and he gave it to me...i was used it from the first day after landing in india from US...till now, i'm using the same number..and i'm paying my bill on this number thru my debit card...my wife wants to live with me...but she is getting afraid bcus of her father...they are blackmailing that they will drink poison and all...so she refused to come with me...in between, she sent so many SMS to my mobile number(which was given by my frd) like, she can't live without me..and she likes me very much...kind of SMS..... suddenly her father called my frd by tracing somehow..and threatened my frd as he will make him trouble bcus of this mobile number...and he will make toruble to my frd family...my frd got scared bcus of this...my father in law asked him to get SIM card and memory card from me and destoryed...

Please help me on this ..what can i do now? i don't want to trouble my frd and his family....if i disconnected, then i can't provide my evidence like SMS and voice recording and all...

Please suggest me....its very very urgent...

thanks

Learning

20 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     02 December 2009

Suresh,

If you are in India, then go to the court and file the Habes Corpus stating to bring your wife in court and continue the marital life. The SMS will be used as an evidence.

1 Like

Thanks Hardik...but my wife is changing her mind often..so we are not able to take any steps.....Is there any possiblity that my father in law can take any action against my frd for his mobile connection? bcus i filed case in family court(which i mentioned above), saying that the mobile connection which i'm using, is in my frd name...my frd will get any summon to appear in court...bcus he don't want to know this things for his parents and all...

Suresh,

Call your wife in the court and ask for some confidence building measures to be taken in the court. This will help you in getting your wifes confidence back.

1 Like

Do not worry about the mobile connection as you are paying and you can easily prove the same. Your friend will not come to family court since this matter is between the husband and wife and not with your friend. Your friend has only provided the media for the communication and nothing else. This way he has done the good act of bringing you together.

1 Like

But my father in law can use this issue(mobile connection) in high court (the case, which my wife filed dowry act). like i have forgeried the mobile connection also...right????? bcus he threatened my friend...that my friend is also involved in this forgery...and he warned him to be safe..otherwise he will pull him and his family also in high court....please help me.i want to save my frd and his family

No, your FIL cannot use this on behalf of your friend as frogery. The frogery has to be happened to the person who is filing the case. In this case, there is the agreement between you and your friend and your FIL does not come in any way between this agreement. So no case of frogery will happen. The mobile connection cannot be froged in India since there is the valid documentation that needs to be given. This way, the connection is proper and the use of that connection is been given to you. This is the trust your friend has given to you.

Ask the FIL to file the case, as the case will not stand itself. The courts will see that the mobile connection is of your friends and how does that matter to him about the frogery. You have not froged his documents and taken the connection on FILs name.

1 Like

Thanks Hardik Mehta for your clarification.

Any inputs from others? it would be great if you guys add more on this...how can i protect my frd and his family....thanks

(Guest)

Suresh ji,

She is your wife. You need not afraid to any one not to even your father-in-law. Your wife loves you and she wants to stay with you. What Hardik ji told is right. Using mobile of your friend is not a forgery. With the consent of your friend only you are using for your personal use. SMS and incomming numbers from your wife is evidence to you if your father-in-law threaten you. In the same way he may also threaten your wife. Due to this reason only your wife is unable to come into one conclusion. 498A section depends upon your wife's statement in the court. If she wants she can withdraw her written complaint with the police through court. Do not afraid. speak your wife through court and lead a very happy life.

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     02 December 2009

For God's sake don't use your friend's mobile. Have one of your own. Trouble can brew anyday.

1 Like

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     03 December 2009

P.Satya Prakash has  drawn good advised for you, and as suggested by Anil Agrawal do not any more use your friends mobile,Get a sim connection of your own and try to use the same.

1 Like

suresh (hhh)     03 December 2009

Thanks Anil. but i'm using his mobile number till now...i can't change now...otherwise i can't produce this SMS and voice recording as evidence....if do so, then they will tell that the mobile number is not a valid one.....

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 December 2009

You are getting deeper into the mire. Transfer the messages to your own phone. Don't behave like a child. One day the same very friend will be your undoing.

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 December 2009

Please engage a lawyer. You had enough of advice from LCI. The taste of pudding is in eating.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register