Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   01 August 2015

What if public holiday fall on weekend

Hello,

can any one tell me what are the provisions if public holiday falls on weekend and employee not work on that day still I require to pay double wages for that day one for weekend and anothe for public holiday?

Please give me reference of act or rules applicable to above query.

Learning

6 Replies

Ravi   01 August 2015

Please give me reply as early as possible because it is very very urgent

kameswarao S (Head HR)     01 August 2015

Yes.  As the employee is loosing the facility of either the W.off or the Holiday hence need to compensate.  In case of senior level employees he /she should be allowed to avail compensatory off.

Amol Kende (No)     01 August 2015

Its two types

1) for M Staff employees get the Compensatory off in any other day

2) the the Labour workers its Double payment for that date if any over time done in that day then its 4 time is the rate of normal OT rate

If any holiday comming in the Sunday or Saturday which is declaired by the company is weekly off then that holiday company must to give any other day like if this year 15th August coming on Saturdday and if Saturday is the weekly off of any company they will adjust this Holiday on any other day of festival like if the Diwali holiday is 1 day then its then 2 days

for that company have HR department to regularise this thinks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 August 2015

I am not able to agree.

There is no need to pay double wages.  even govt does not pay so.  There is absolutely no loss to the employee.  Matter can be differnt if he has to work on week end or public holiday.

public holiday is one event and weekend is another event.  the employee happen to enjoy both on same day.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2015

new thread

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=125631&offset=0

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2015

You have posted that:

"can any one tell me what are the provisions if public holiday falls on weekend and employee not work on that day"

Thus employee has not worked on such day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register