LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhusudhan Reddy   21 July 2015

Transfer of case from one state to another state

This is in continuation with this thread https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Breaching-service-agreement-solution--123924.asp#.Va5m8Pmqqko

However, I am posting in thread as my question is different. 

My previous company manager (Insurance company) filed a case on me to pay bond amount in Hubli, Karnataka district court. 

But, I'm resident of Vijayawada, Andhrapadesh. So, Its very difficult for me to travel such long distance and contest in that karnata court. Moreover, I may not find suitable adovate also as the place is new to me.

I heard that there is a provision of transfering case from one state to another state. Is it possible? 

That Insurance company has branches all over our country and it has branch in vijaywada also. So, I feel the company may not have any objection in transferring case if there is a provision in that way. 

So, kindly let me know about this provision and feasibility in my case. 

Thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Madhusudhan Reddy   21 July 2015

This is in continuation with this thread https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Breaching-service-agreement-solution--123924.asp#.Va5m8Pmqqko

However, I am posting in thread as my question is different. 

My previous company manager (Insurance company) filed a case on me to pay bond amount in Hubli, Karnataka district court. 

But, I'm resident of Vijayawada, Andhrapadesh. So, Its very difficult for me to travel such long distance and contest in that karnata court. Moreover, I may not find suitable adovate also as the place is new to me.

I heard that there is a provision of transfering case from one state to another state. Is it possible? 

That Insurance company has branches all over our country and it has branch in vijaywada also. So, I feel the company may not have any objection in transferring case if there is a provision in that way. 

So, kindly let me know about this provision and feasibility in my case. 

Thank you

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     21 July 2015

Sir,

Supreme Court can allow the transfer from one state to another.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 July 2015

Other than you who else is signatory to Bond? Your Boss?

What is jurisdictionm of courts inserted in BOND? Hubli?

It is felt that your Boss  may press jurisdiction as in Bond.

A prayer to transfer may....................may............. give you some breathing time.

However as posted in other thread too,intiated by you, the counsel that has examined each document on record can advise you the best.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2015

You should see the jurisdictional clauses in the bond, but you may try for a transfer through supreme court, consult a local lawyer personally on all further issues and decide after analysing the pros and cons.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2015

Mr. Kalaiselvan is right.

Spend quality time with your counsel and explore all remedies and options.

JTO of BSNL joined hands and their unions succeeded to reduce the amount of Bond from lacs to few hundred rupees…………………and in their case real training is imparted.!!!

The other insurance companies like LIC has also been into placing a BOND before recruited candidate to sign.

The Unions of all insurance companies may work for its members against BOND.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register