Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMEEZ rahman (system engineer)     23 July 2015

Reg:deny of casual leave

Dear Sir,

My sisters marriage is there on september.There are 5 casual leave remaining in my account.So i applied for 5 days casul leave during the month of september.When i applied for leave my authority is saying that during accademic section you cannot avail so much leave and the application was rejected. I'm the only brother for my sister.Can i apply casual leave after availing it.Or kindly suggest me any other ideas to get rid of this.

Learning

9 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 July 2015

are you working in some educational institution.do you have any other leave like sick leave, earned leave etc.look into the leave rules

1 Like

Yes I,m working in a central goverment educational institution under ministry of Higher education. I have earned leave .But they are not allowing me to take earned leave also.

arulprasath (HR & Legal)     23 July 2015

Hi

If you completed 240 days you can avail the earned / Previlege leave, check your leave rule and apply EL, if rejected your application that authority shall give the valid reason for the rejection.

1 Like

@arulprasath 

Sir ,

I completed 1 year of service.They are saying that during academic time more number of leaves are not permitted.kindly advise.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 July 2015

You have posted that:

"So i applied for 5 days casul leave during the month of september.When i applied for leave my authority is saying that during accademic section you cannot avail so much leave and the application was rejected. "

Saying,asking,telling, are all verbal mode of communication and are not on record.

You should mention clear and factual reason for leave in leave application and submit it under proper acknowledgment on record and retain a copy.

As per existing leave rules petaining to your designation, the leave sanctioning authority has to accept or decline with reason, in writing to you, under proepr acknowledgment.

The reason is such that leave should not be declined.

You can as per rules approach the authority in person to plead the case and write the minutes thereafter and approach next authority.

1 Like

RAMEEZ rahman (system engineer)     24 July 2015

@Kumar Doab

Sir, 

In my leave application form the forwarding authority has written the reason mentioned below.

"as per the competent authority do not permit your leave during the academic section and the same cannot be forwarded ".

But since i'm working in an academic institution 90% of days will be academic days.Now i'm so much depressed.Kindly advise 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 July 2015

Are you a teacher?

Teachers have not been covered as 'Workman'.

You have not attached the leave rules applicable to you.

Refer to Leave Rules during probation if you are under probation or after confirmation…………………and also count leave already taken by you.

In other thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Paternity-leave-124414.asp#.VbHhXLV-jMo

you have posted for Paternity Leave.

It is believed that you have not been taking leave frequently.

You can approach competent authority and explain in person or the next authority as per escalation matrix.

You need to exhaust internal remedies first.

Try to discuss with Teacher’s Forum/Union leaders and understand the possibilities.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2015

No leave can be claimed as a matter of right.  You have a justified case and can approach higher authroities.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2015

Originally posted by : saravanan.s
are you working in some educational institution.do you have any other leave like sick leave, earned leave etc.look into the leave rules

This may not help him.  Does not matter how many kinds of elave are and and doe snot matter how many days credit is available.  The controlling authority is not prepared to give any leave at all.  He can opnly seek indulgenc eof higher authroities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register