Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anononymus (Business)     21 June 2015

Daughter-in-law threatening to return to her marital home.

I am a senior citzen aged 70+ years, living in my self acquired house for the last 25 years.My son and his wife moved to the independent floor with a separate kitchen  of my house after their marriage in  December 2004.They were requested to  move out of my house in 2010 as they were frequently fighting wiith each other, my D-I-L  inviting police on trivial squibbling between themselves.On August 2014, my son filed divorce petition in the family court.Subsequetly, my D-I-L filed totally false Complaints under 498A and DV against my son  in SPUWC. Thereafter, she also filed a divorce dismissal petition and petition for maintenance under CRPC Sec 125 in the same family court in Delhi.

My son walked out of the rented house in May, 2014, while my D-I-L continues to stay comfortably with two children in the same house  till now  as the divorce petition and her complaints in SPUWC are dragging.Now as my son requests her to move out from the existing rented house to another apartment  at affordable rent in the neighborhood, she refuses to move out and sending repeated threats to me move back with children to my self owned house.My questions are:

1) How  can my son get his wife evicted from the existing house? what procedure to be followed to avoid any further repercussion to the ongoing divorce proceedings in the family courts and in SPUWC?

2) In case, my D-I-L tries to move back to my house ( allegedly her marital home) against our consent,, can she be booked under  "Criminal Tresspas" under wder what section IPC ? 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     21 June 2015

In the case of first query, you should not involve into this thing.  Otherwise it would be seen that you are conspiring with your son to make DIL shelterless.  As far as providing shelter or residential rights and feud in divorce case is,it is strictly between your son and DIL and neither you nor your wife should interfere for your own benefit.

Next, in respect of your second query, you can file a police complaint.  But that may not be very effective.  The proper solution is you file a permanent injunction order against your DIL to not to enter your premises and in this file temporary injunction.  Do not forget to make area SHO a party in this case seeking his assistance in stopping tresspass.  Once you will be granted temporary injunction, police will assist you if any tresspass attempt is made by her.  In the meantime, ask your son to make appropriate moves in DV case to provide her roof over her and children's head.

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     21 June 2015

About your first query tell your son to arrange another shelter to his wife and children and then inform the dv court accordingly and get permission from the court to shift them , submit new address in the court, regarding second query you have to file for permanent injunction order against your dil to resist her to enter forcefully in your house .
1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     21 June 2015

About your first query tell your son to arrange another shelter to his wife and children and then inform the dv court accordingly and get permission from the court to shift them , submit new address in the court, regarding second query you have to file for permanent injunction order against your dil to resist her to enter forcefully in your house .

saravanan s (legal advisor)     21 June 2015

suppose if you havent got stay against your dil from entering your home or before you could obtain the stay she claims right to residence over your house you can object to her staying in the house as it is in your name and since it is your self aquired property

https://terminatorak.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/delhi-hc-restrains-daughter-in-law-from-possessing-mother-in-laws-property/

https://menrightsindia.net/2014/08/wife-not-entitled-to-stay-in-or-claim-her-father-in-laws-house-using-dv-act.html

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Bahu-cant-occupy-in-laws-own-property-Delhi-high-court/articleshow/40020176.cms

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register