LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet (Victim)     04 June 2015

498a settlement for money or not

Wife filed false 498a/406 on husband and his entire family.The family is now on bail but not the husband.The party wants a huge settlement threatening that if the amount is not given parents and brother will run entire life in court.

The lawyer is saying there is no option other than settlement otherwise my family will run entire life in court and being a NRI they will get LOC issued against me.

Please advice if we should go with settlement or any other option.

Learning

16 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 June 2015

Puneet,

Why do U keep on changing threads everytime,this is a repeated query for the 10th time,clarify

Puneet (Victim)     04 June 2015

The marriage happened 3yrs ago and no domestic relation and no kids and marriage is non consumated and the settlement demand is 20lacs.

Sorry i am not changing the thread and its first thread in which i asked about the settlement amount.

I just want to know are U acting on somebody's behalf,or are U the victim or only to gain knowledge,clarify

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     07 June 2015

It is not desirable that authors will harass us unnecessarily putting different questions in different threads time to time. This is my request to all authors.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 June 2015

Mr.Roy UR requesting the authors,but I have warned many querists not to deviate from the original query.These authors are over enthusiastic to obtain favourable intantly.But ultimately they are the suffererers. 

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     07 June 2015

Foolish acts does not fructify any purpose but causes misuse of valuable time.sad

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 June 2015

Its left for the Hon. querists  to have a retrospect of their acts.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     10 June 2015

India is such a place where if you give POISON free of cost everybody will strech their hand for a free vial.  Querists think that we are' free service provider' so they can ask us whatever they like time to time.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 June 2015

This has to be stopped by the  LCI admin, I have been repeatedly requesting the admin.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     10 June 2015

LCI administration can stop abuse but they cannot stop misuse. Some law students and new legal practitioners are the young generation they often misuse this portal adopting different ways and means even they are registered in two three names as I HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE. More over some non-legal persons are headache to the experts as we are often experiencing.  Some querists do not know proper etiquette to address expert and learned lawyers, they call us as 'Hi' ,which is waggary and ought to be abondoned.  We the legal professionals address our Junior brothers as "My learned friend" and pay respect to the profession . To day I banged one of the querists namely Rizwan Sheikh who in his post addressed experts as 'Hi'. I REFUSED TO GIVE HIM MY VALUABLE ADVICE on his post FRAUDULANT SALE and in turn he tendered 'Sorry'.

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 June 2015

The role of non legal members ( I am not addressing them as experts) has become more headache as they enjoy debating on irrevelant topics only too gain knowledge or pass out their time.Why do we address the Judge as "YOUR HONOUR" and even the junior most advocate as "MY LEARNED FRIEND OR COLLEAGUE",because it is a protocol to be maintained in the court.That's why I am very serious about arrogant querists or non legal members who intrude into the original query,diverting it.Hence this has to be stopped.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     11 June 2015

I request all legal experts to ignore queries of the querists who will address Legal Experts  as 'Hi'.

richardjohnson   11 June 2015

I think, you need to change a lawyer and get a good experienced lawyer who have expertise in these types of cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register