Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   16 June 2015

Ancestral property question

Hi ,

My Grandfather got his property from his father-in-law by will which says he and his succession can use the property. 

Does Grandfather has the right to give that property to anyone he wishes?

Thank for your response.

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 June 2015

idea can be formed only after seeing the will.

1 Like

richardjohnson   16 June 2015

I agree with Sarvanan. It is depend upon the will in which propert ownership described and how your grandfather can distribute his property.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2015

A Will is a legal declaration of the intention of the testator, with respect to his property which he desires to be carried into effect after his death. 

After the death of a person, his property devolves in two ways - according to his Will i.e. testamentary, or according to the respective laws of succession.So grandfather is having rights.on it. 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 June 2015

Well advised by experts, I agree.

Now the property in the hands of your gandfather is his self-acquired through the testamentary document of will executed by his father-in-law.

His (your grandfather's) successors shall enjoy the same, if your grandfather has died intestate without disposing of the subject property  .

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 June 2015

what was mentioned in the will is the point to consider because in the will if he has montioined only like he can enjoy till his life time or effects thereof absolutely means after his death he can distribute

so will copy is necessary to ascertain what words were written to give correct answer

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     17 June 2015

No mor elaboration required

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register