Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mitesh Joshi (LDC)     03 June 2015

Need help with defending ipc 420

Dear learned Sirs,

I have been falsely chargedsheeted under ipc 420 and ipc 406. Can not disclose details, as I suspect the opposite party may be aware of this forum. I would however be happy to share details with experts and pay for consultation. Charges have not been framed as yet, so I am planning to file a discharge application. What I need is some references(judgements) where courts have held that essential ingredients of 420 are not made out.

Kindly help me out.

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 June 2015

if you have enough proofs to prove  before the court that the allegations are fabricated then you can file for quashing u/s 482 cprc

1 Like

Mitesh Joshi (LDC)     03 June 2015

Yes I understand that.

I need some references with which I can prepare my application.

Like some cases where courts have held that there was no dishonest inducement. Or no valuable security was created etc etc.

Most appreciate your help.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 June 2015

420 and 406 are measured differently in IPC.But both are compoundable.

1 Like

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 June 2015

Sir,

Essential ingrediant for the charge or discharge is the mens rea and actus rea be there or missing as the case may be. So far as the judgements are concerned they will be going to be helpful for you but the allegations, statements and other documents available on record will be more considered at the time of quashing of the FIR. Therefore share the chargesheet first and then seek any judgements . 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Adv 

Aashish George (lawyer)     03 June 2015

its been a while since i have been here,  kapil chandna adv, you seem very fimiliar, have we met each other ever? well, i dont blame you for not remembering me...but still a very fimilar face. mitesh joshi, 

my boss, Senior Advocate Mr. K.K.Manan (google him if you like) always tells his clients, "if you loose a civil case you can go back home, whereas if you loose a criminal case, you go to jail! this is your life, dont try to experiment on your own. once the case is ruined, no one will be able to help you. now, the answer to your question.

kapil is correct, but my view differs a little bit

482 crpc, should be exercised after you have exhuasted all your remedies in trial court, there is no hard and fast rule as such, there is no bar under 482 as such (other may not agree with this but as i said, its my view), so, you are correct in proceeding for discharge, but as kapil said " allegations, statements and other documents available on record will be considered at the time of  framing charge" court cannot appreciate new evidence, therefore, if you have seen the chargesheet, you will come to know if prima facie case is made out against you or not, if the case is so, your chances are dim.

indiankanoon.com has a number of judgement, just put in the section and start reading. plz, remember, you have one life, its not worth experimenting on. best of luck, take care.  

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2015

@ Mitesh: Don't try to put the cart before the horse. Judgments has to be on relevant aspects of the case and unless CS has been filed, you won't know what grounds exist for discharge or else. Pardon my saying so, I have seen people preparing for discharge at the stage of FIR and appeal when they are at the stage of framing of charges. Remain in current timezone.

@ Sainath: I don't think both are compoundable if the value exceeds 2000. May be you are talking about some state amendments.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register