LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajan (Manager)     01 May 2015

Railway

I get a Second class ticket from ambala cantt railway station for amritsar and sit in New delhi amritsar SF on 27/04/2015 at 5:10 PM. The train have to reached amritsar by 9:15 PM. I was traveling with my pregnent wife and a small kid. Suddenly train stops at a small station for 1 hour then again train start running toward amritsar and again stop at railway station of dhillwan for another couple of hours then i listen an announcement from station master that the train will not depart for unknown time and passangers can go up to jullundher by another train which will come by 10 PM (Jullundher is 80 KM before amritsar). Dhillwan station is approx 160-170 KM far from amritsar and 90 to 100 Km from Jullundher. There were no arrangement for food and water at station because it was an small village station. Also my wife feels to much back pain and was uncomfortable to sit for this long time period then  i go to station master ( 9 PM) and ask for the problem he told me Farmers obstruct  the track near amritsar so no train will go to amritsar. I asked him to provide the alternate arrangement for the passengers going to amritsar by listening this he laughed at me and told me railway will not provide this facility i have to arrange my own transportation, then i requested him to cancel my ticket so that i can take refund later on then again he told me that there is no provision of refund in this condition. then finally i leave his room then a train arrives at 10:00 Pm but it was Garib Rath AC Train and staff of this train not allow us to go by this train even after we were ready to pay the difference in fair but TT told me to pay the fine also( and he was not sure wither train will go amritsar or terminated at jullundher) . then we leave the plan to go by train and hire a taxi from o/s the Station and board for amritsar.

Now my queries are :

Me my wife and my kid have to be suffer with hunger and thrist for more then 3 hours due to no water and food vendors were at station.

My wife have to feel the pain for more then 5 hours as we planed to reach amritsar by 9:15 and actually  we reached there by 2 AM next day by own hired taxi

I have to bear the fare of taxi and train both for amritsar because i did not get the refund from railway.

i have to leave my work for next day because i reached to late at night so i was not able to go to work.

My kid have to take the leave from school next day.

We had a panic situation and bear to much hurrasment.

and the train was stopped at main line but not at the platform it was too risky for my wife to leave the train in her pregnant  condition she can Misbalanced  there easily and .......... all it was too dangerous.

When i leave the station i lodge a complaint with station master finally.

Now kindly suggest me if there is any thing that i can do.

Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

Rajan (Manager)     01 May 2015

Sorry the station name was Doraha insted of dilwan

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 May 2015

You can file a case in the railway tribunals  against railways in your state

1 Like

Rajan (Manager)     07 May 2015

Sir Can you please tell me how to file case in railway tribunal and how much it cost and how long it takes to get judgment?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register