Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aadeshroy   03 April 2015

Help in filing private criminal complaint

Respected Members,

I need your guidance in filing a private criminal complain against housing society managing committee members u/s 405,406,417,420,465,467,468,470,47,120-B read with 34 of IPC

Background of matter:

In our housing society based in Bhayander, Thane district, the managing committee members despite objection from the members installed mobile tower. The managing committee members created a forged general body resolution wherein there is no date only the year is mentioned. They have mentioned that the members of housing society has unanimously agreed for installation of mobile tower and lease the terrace space to the tower company for 10 years. Furthermore they have authorised the secretary and chairman to deal in this matter. The managing committee members forged many members signatures including that of mine on this fake resolution and used this resolution to execute a lease agreement with the mobile tower company. This was purely for their personal gain and benefit by pocketing money from tower company. No such general meeting ever took place, further more the Municipal corporation has categorically denied giving any such permission. In fact the municipal corporation has rejected such application, I have secured the written confirmation from Municipal corporation that they have rejected such application by way of RTI.

Guidance required:

I would like to file private complaint rather than an FIR because of bad experience in past from police station who refuse to file FIR. I would like to file case on my own without the engagement of a lawyer by appearing in person.

Would highly appreciate if you can guide me on procedure to file private complaint under the mentioned sections in Thane District Court.

Where should I file the case - in Judicial Magistrate Court first class or Sessions Court or any other court in thane?

Under which section of CRPC should I file the case, should it be under section 156 (3) or 200 of crpc or some other section?

Thank you for your guidance and support

Best regards,

Aadesh

Learning

7 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     04 April 2015

Sir,

The advisable procedure would be to write official letters to the Managing Committee of your CHS:      [1] First demand the certified copy of the circular for the AGM, and also a copy of the receipt of the circular by the members of your CHS; [2] Demand a certified copy of the minutes of the AGM as also the names of the members who have attended the AGM, and xerox copies of their attendance signatures, [3] Approach every individual member with the copies of their signatures for their concurrence of its authenticity; [4] Demand copies of the correspondences and agreement between your CHS and the mobile company, with transaction details.

Since you claim that your forged signature also appears in the AGM attendance, inform them of the fact.

After receiving all the certified copies make a written complaint, stating all the details, to the Registrar of CHS of your area. If you do not get response from the Registrar you can always go to further authorities. Usually the Registrar attends complaints.

The local police may or may not entertain your complaint citing it as civil matter.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

aadeshroy   05 April 2015

Dear Mr. Mehta,

Al of such procedure has been already followed. The act is criminal and falls under the jurisdiction of police and hence dy. registrar has limitation in taking action.

I am looking to file a private criminal complaint against such criminal act.

I would like to file a case in court on my own without engaging any lawyer hence need guidance on the process and procedure.

regards,

Aadesh

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 April 2015

Sir,

You may approach the nearest police station and submit a written complaint under relevant criminal procedure code, detailing the entire matter, and request them to lodge an F.I.R.

In case if the police authorities refuse to lodge an F.I.R., you have an alternative to approach the Hon. Court and institute a complaint under Cr.P.C.  

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

1 Like

renuverma (advocate)     08 April 2015

Dear Mr. Mehta,

Write a simple complaint to the concerned police station with entire set of facts and stating all the sections u have already stated here.

submit it - if they don't take it sent it via courier, with a copy to the Commissioner. then if no action is initiated file a complaint before the Court. Take assistance of an advocate for filing before the Hon'ble Court as if you miss important facts u may loose.

rest if you still wish to file the compliant yourself there are ample of drafts/formats on net, use them.

Thanks.

renuverma (advocate)     08 April 2015

well the private complaint has to be filed under section 200 read with 156(3)

"Complaint under S. 200 r/w s. 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code"

Before Chief Judicial Magistrate

put all the facts with proper prayer

Best luck

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2015

I dont think that removal of the mobile tower will be through criminal law, you have remedy in civil law alone.  Other things namely , forging your signature can be pursued through criminal law.  However, the  fabricated or fake resolution, permission to install the mobile tower will involve local laws for which the remedies before the registrar, CHS as well as with the Municipal authorities (for illegal erection) to be exhausted, despite this, if you still insist to go to criminal court alone, you are more intelligent than everyone here, please proceed.

aadeshroy   09 April 2015

To Shri T. Kalaiselvan

Dear Sir,

I think you have mixed different aspects in one and hence your advise has bitterness! Someone who is posting questions on this forum considers the forum members to be mentor and seeks guidance and hence such comments from your side is not only unwanted but also shows high level of attitude and arrogance!

There are different scenarios:

1. Removal of illegal tower - The jurisdiction is Municipal corporation and if they don't act a civil case under BMC and MRTP Act. The complaint has already been submitted to the BMC and is being followed up with RTI. IF they don;t act, a civil suit will be filed.

2. Forgery, Cheating, Making false documents and using as genuine, Criminal breach of trust, fraud- This is where I am looking to file a criminal case against the society managing committee for their criminal act which falls under section u/s 405,406,417,420,465,467,468,470,47,120-B read with 34 of IPC. Registrar has taken the note of this irregularity, however he also has advised private case as such an act falls in the jurisdiction of police dept. Furthermore a separate case in Cooperative court will be filed mentioning these irregularities apart from various violation of MCS Act and society bye-laws in the operation of society operations.

A case in Consumer court is also initiated against the managing committee for deficiency in services.

However the Co-operative court and consumer court are additional remedy and is not substitute for this criminal act of fabricating resolution, forging signatures and cheating members of society! The remedy is available under IPC and hence a criminal case!

I understand various aspect of law and was looking for the process and procedure as I have not filed cases on my own. I was looking for guidance on the procedure to file such case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register