Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ganesha5111   25 March 2015

Cheque as security

Dear Experts,

I had paid a man Rs 3,10,000 fro a work of private nature to be done. The deal was not documented. It was based on mutual trust.

1. The man failed to do the work. So I confronted him and demanded my money back. He requested me for more time. So I demanded cheques without date and name as security.
  2. He issued me two SBI cheques worth Rs 1,10,000 and Rs 2,00,000 with just amount. No date and name.
  3. Now its been six months. He just keeps demanding more time.

Help me out. I need advice on what can be done. And can I have whole of my money back?

Note :

I just know his cell phone number and his full name.

He used to live in a rented house which he has left. So I don't know where he lives.

Learning

5 Replies

manjunath (officer)     27 March 2015

Ganesh

Please find his Address 1st, what was the mode of payment you have been made to him, how you will be knowing that person, and for what work you have paid the money, if you say those cheques given for security purpose your case will not stand under NI Act.

Confirm 1st that person has money or property in his name so that you can recover your money otherwise what ever you have done all your efforts will be waste.

1 Like

ganesha5111   27 March 2015

Thank you Mr. Manjunath.

Now I can get the address of the person. And I had paid him in CASH. The person also has agricultural land in his name!
And as I cant disclose the nature of private work for which I gave him the money ( He won't disclose that matter too because he will get in trouble) then may be we can frame some other reason for which I gave him money.
Can you suggest me a good reason please? And will the whole amount be able to recover?

Ganesh

if you file the case you need to prove that you have given a cash to that person, which is difficult to you, if you cannot disclose the nature of private work It will be considered as illegal and you have not disclosed how do you know that person is a friend or something else.

Where do you live, do you have earning to prove that you have given a hand loan to him.

1 Like

ganesha5111   27 March 2015

Dear sir,

I am a student  and I live in nashik. Actually this man approached me througha local small time leader who also happens to be our college GS.
He said," I can get you admitted into best class in Delhi for IASthat is 'Wajiram and Ravi classes'' Their admissions are already full but if you can have money anything is possible. I believed him and did the silliest mistake of my life. Now the leader through whom he approached me says he doesnt know the man personally.
And about the money, I had borrowed it from some friends.
What can be done sir? Please help

Ganesh

If you are a student how you will prove that you have the money, and also that person is not a friend or a relative he is a third person how do you prove that without any cause or reason will gave a hand loan to him.

I am not discourage you I am explaining the facts, before putting the cheque bonus case contact local police and explain them he has cheated like this. They will be knowing those persons may help you.

Nothing is impossible but you need to search the way that’s it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register