Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stan (CEO)     24 March 2015

Delay in judgement delay for debt collection case

Dear Lawyers,

We have filed a case against one of our relative who owes us sum of money for more than 7 years. When we gave the debt, we got the debt registered in stamp paper in front of local registration office. Our relative gave their land as the bond for the debt money we gave them.  Finally after 7 years with no interest and principal paid to us, we went with legal action in 2012. Lawyer we hired didn't give us any case documents not even court case file number. After 2 years - last year July he said case Judgement is given. He is waiting for the case judgement documents for almost 1 year now. This court is not computerised and not available in ecourts website portal. 

Our lawyer is also forcing us indirectly to go for local mediation instead of waiting for this judgement paper. We don't trust our lawyer anymore. He is treating us like stupid people. 

Does it take almost 1 year to get the jugdement papers?  Is his behavior normal or he is trying to play games and double cross us?

Thank you very much for your response.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 March 2015

When judgement is passed mediation is not necessary. Your advocate is misguiding. You go to the court and take the information from him.

1 Like

Stan (CEO)     24 March 2015

Originally posted by : adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

When judgement is passed mediation is not necessary. Your advocate is misguiding. You go to the court and take the information from him.

Thank you very much Advocate.

My elderly mother is struggling with this case and our lawyer. Our lawyer will gain more through mediation than through his legal fees.

As I have mentioned -  Lawyer didn't give any case file number or information for past 2 years.

Can you kindly explain what is the procedure to directly approach the court? I will try to follow up with Court, when I am in hometown.

omprakash (doctor)     26 March 2015

I have filed the civil suit against daily Marathi newspaper, but no one has attended the summons till date, it has been more than 8 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register