Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhiram Viswanadha (student)     20 March 2015

Torture by tikona

This is Abhiram from Visakhapatnam.

I was a user of Tikona internet service for the past 4 years. My user ID is 1103761932.

I decided to terminate my account on OCtober 31st and mentioned the same to tikona. They didnt head to my words. I got a message from TIKONA saying my outstanding bill amount was 1438/- I spoke with them and again applied for disconnection. They said a disconnection team would be calling me within 15 days and negotiate the bill amount. IT WAS OKAY SO FAR. But, lately I've received a call from a person called DEVRAJ who claims himself to be an advocate. His contact number is +918769529972. He says he is an advocate from Delhi and says that an FIR would be lodged within half an hour if I dont pay rs 3478/- I was shocked. I asked him why 3378/- as my bill is 1478/- (negotiable) He said 2000 rs is legal fees and will be reimbursed within 7 days. 

I called tikona again mentioning about the same and they were like they didnt file any complain on me whatsoever and further advised me to IGNORE THAT DEVRAJ and their team will talk to me within 15 days. 

Sir, WHat shall I do? I feel he is fake and he is not an advocate. What shall I do? Please instruct me.

Thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2015

All that you have posted in the thread is stated by you to M/s Tikona is in writing or verbally?

Was any complaint/reference/transaction number issued to you?

M/s Tikona should have disconnected within 7 days without charging further (7days from date of application of disconnection) and should supply the final bill for payment. The security if any has to be refunded/adjusted.

You must state in writing that on dated………………you had informed for disconnection of service (due to reasons e.g. poor service etc) by email/phone call/in person (mention email id/phone number/names etc)………………..and complaint number/no complaint number was issued to you.

The disconnection was not effected and no communication was issued to you and on dated…………..you represented again………………… by email/phone call/in person (mention email id/phone number/names etc)………………..and instead of admitting that company has not confirmed and disconnected within 7 days……………..you were pressed to submit new disconnection…………………… and complaint number/no complaint number was issued to you.

And then M/s Tikona has forwarded your details to someone outside…………………..and now you are being threatened by Mr/Ms…………………phone number………………to pay legal fee of Rs………………….and payment of Rs…………………

On dated……………………you called to complain and agitate on threats by Mr/Ms…by email/phone call/in person (mention email id/phone number/names etc)………………..Mr/Ms………………of M/s Tikona feigned ignorance and complaint number/no complaint number was issued to you………………………..

Demand to supply in next 3 days the bill in original from dated……………….(1st application of disconnection) and state in writing who has passed your details to Mr/Ms……………….phone number and beg apology in writing or you shall report the matter to police/TRAI/DCDRF/Media/Lawyer etc……………

If you are unable to handle on your own handover to your lawyer.

1 Like

Abhiram Viswanadha (student)     20 March 2015

Mr. Kumar Doab.

I thank you for your patience and your suggestion. This was all verbally done. I spoke with them and they said ignore the call from the number +918769529972.  At the same time, when I told mr. Devraj ( the so called advocate) he said the tikona executives have no power over this and they DON't KNOW. Surely they should know it. 
And I am from visakhapatnam, the company is in Mumbai and how come Delhi came into picture?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2015

As already suggested ....Narrate whatever you have stated verbally.............by a written communication., even if by email..................and demand reply in writing only even if by email.Don't forget to add that the company should state and confirm the credentials of this Mr.Devraj and certified copy of all communications supplied by it to Mr. Devraj......and mention that you shall be approaching.........................

Record all calls of so called Mr Devraj and ask him to ask his principles M/s Tikona to supply you a letter confirming his authority By Redg. Post only.

Lodge complaint with police,TRAI,DCDRF, against M/s Tikona, Mr.Devraj thru your lawyer. 

There are unlimited threads on M/s Tikona at LCI ....................at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/default.asp#.VQwCDBmqqko

Just punch keywords in box 'Search Topics & Posts' in Box at Right Hand Side.

manish (NA)     09 May 2015

Hi Abhirav,

Don't worry at all. That was a scam call. I also received the same kind of call and he was saying that he would put me behind the bars. I inquired and found that some one from disconnection department leaks data and calls are made to customers by scammers.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 May 2015

The lekage of data might be an eyewash.

Otherwise also company is responsible for leakage and conduct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register