LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Savitha (Software Developer)     14 March 2015

Divorce process in bangalore

I want to know how long and painful is the process for divorce in India, Bangalore in particular if the woman wants to opt out on grounds of incompatibility.

There is nothing except this only reason and there will be no false accusations or any bad intentions.There will be no money and kids involved as well.

But it may or may not be mutual as the man may or may not agree to the divorce.It will be the woman's decision 100% so please let me know the steps required if this particular case.

Learning

9 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     14 March 2015

Sir, If mutual then one year in total, otherwise depend upon many factors and will take time of about 3 years ... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450
1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 March 2015

who has sought divorce on which ground? If both are agreed for the divorce then it wont go long.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 March 2015

The ground of incompaiability is not a ground under Indian law.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     14 March 2015

"I want to know how long and painful is the process for divorce in India, " 

Under the factual circumstances of your case, the divorce proceedings will be VERY LONG and VERY PAINFUL and you will NOT be successful for reasons provided by the advocate above. If you make false accusations, then it will be even more PAINFUL, not to mention long.  Your only hope: The husband's consent to the divorce. If he suspects extra-marital affair, then he will not consent to it and you are trapped! If you are really having an affair, then this man may also dump you before your long, tortuous divorce proceedings end.  Happens a lot these days. So, try to improve the compatibility with your husband. Give it a try... There is no such thing as a perfect partner... Perfect partnerships are those which involve perfection in compromises... 

reunion2   24 March 2015

Originally posted by : Kapil Chandna
Sir,

If mutual then one year in total, otherwise depend upon many factors and will take time of about 3 years ...

Regards
Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Hello Kapil Sir,

I am also in the same situation as Savitha but on the other hand side. I was unhappily married last 2.5 yrs and no kids. Earlier my wife tortured me which i accepted as bad fate. But now she started abusing my parents and sister. She is not taking care my old dependent parents too. Either She or me will be applying Divorce in next 10 days. I feel that she will ask definely some alluniny which i am ready to pay for fast closure, My H1 visa is also through so i willb travelling to US for long term in next 2 months. Will it possible that i will handle all these legal things from USA. And on the final hearing present in court if required. What is the average money court allow as Allumeny.

thanks

reunion2   24 March 2015

Originally posted by : Kapil Chandna
Sir,

If mutual then one year in total, otherwise depend upon many factors and will take time of about 3 years ...

Regards
Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Hello Kapil Sir,

I am also in the same situation as Savitha but on the other hand side. I was unhappily married last 2.5 yrs and no kids. Earlier my wife tortured me which i accepted as bad fate. But now she started abusing my parents and sister. She is not taking care my old dependent parents too. Either She or me will be applying Divorce in next 10 days. I feel that she will ask definely some alluniny which i am ready to pay for fast closure, My H1 visa is also through so i willb travelling to US for long term in next 2 months. Will it possible that i will handle all these legal things from USA. And on the final hearing present in court if required. What is the average money court allow as Allumeny.

thanks

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 March 2015

savitha

on the ground which you mentioned cannot be taken divorce and even though if you file for the same it may take some years and no one can tell the final judgement will be your side or dismissed because your husband is not but your are seeking means he will contest for the same

so better to discuss with him and sort the problem or else make him also agree for the same and take mutual consent divorce without any mental stress for both and will complete all the process within one year 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 March 2015

reunion2 better to start a new thread and it will be answered correctly here already decided means you and your wife may have drafted the points so why not go for mutual consent which is fast and also in your case you  are leaving to us means may be now you will present what about second motion which will come after six months of filing for mutual you have to be here and in divorce cases you can give POA to anyone of your family members to appear 

Savitha (Software Developer)     24 March 2015

Thanks to all for your replies