LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maniksharma   03 March 2015

Pagdi shop dispute

Hi there , i have a shop in uttranchal on pagdi system for which i had payed ₹50,000 in the year 1992 and i dont have any receipt of the payment of pagdi. Initially The landlord had fixed a sum of ₹300 as monthly rent of the shop. Till now iam paying the rent without any payment receipt . Now actual problem starts from here , in 2010 the actual landlord got died and his sons started taking rent and suddenly they had started demanding 500₹ as rent of the shop and i started paying 500₹ to landlord without any payment receipt. now in 2015 landlord is not accepting the rent nd saying to pay 14lac to purchase the shop or else leave this shop. Iam in big confusion on what to do next , as i dont have 14lac to purchase the shop and landlord is forcing me to leave his shop. NOTE :The electricity connection is on my name. Plz tell me do i have some rights in my favour or i just have to leave that shop? Will they pay me a reasonable amount of money if i leave their shop?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2015

Though you have occupied the shop as a tenant in a pagdi system, your tenancy rights are fully protected in law, you may issue the landlord a notice to not to disturb your peaceful occupation of the shop by any other means or method other than by due process of law.  Let him file a suit for eviction which you can challenge on the basis of documentary evidence in your possession.

1 Like

maniksharma   06 March 2015

Hi thanks for our valuable reply :) what steps should i take if i want to sell my shop that i had purchased under pagdi system??NOTE: I dont have any rent receipt nor any written aggrement with landlord, the only thing that i have is electricity bill

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 March 2015

You cannot sell the shop because it does not belongs to you. You can stay there so long you can as a tenant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register