Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DeviParmasivan (Teacher)     24 February 2015

Tn gazette name change

Hi,

I would like to change my name according to numerology. I'm residing in TN from my birth.

I found a form in the TN stationeryprinting website for name change in the gazette.

Can I download it  and send it along with required documents and DD by post to the specified address? or should I approach any of the name change service agencies?

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

8 Replies

vijay anand (Advocate)     25 February 2015

It is a very simple method.  Just fill up the form. attach the documents. The form and documents must be notarized by a notary public. get the dd and post it to the specified address. 

But do it directly and avoid agencies to avoid any complications, discrepancies etc., etc., 

1 Like

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 February 2015

It is not simple method.  It is a long procedure.  Go to MRO office (Tahasil office)  and enquire. They will explain you everything.  The application formats will be available there.  If the agent is reliable you can hand over the job to him. 

1 Like

vijay anand (Advocate)     25 February 2015

Mr. Devi Paramasivam and Mr. Ravinder. P,

No, No. It is very simple.  I have done lot of this.  Tahsil is no way connected with it.  You have to get the Application form from Printing and Stationary Department, Anna Salai (Just near to Hiking Botham Book Stall) , Apply it by attaching Ration Card and other requisite documents (to be notarized) and pay Rs.455/-.  From thereon, you will get the printed copy within 15 to 20 days.  I have good experience each time.  Don't afraid. Go straight and get it done.

1 Like

DeviParmasivan (Teacher)     25 February 2015

Oh thank u for the information.

But, We are not located in Chennai. Should we go and submit it in person?

It is stated in the website that the gazette copies will be sent through post to our address but I'm not sure whether we can send the name change form and dd through post.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 February 2015

@ Vijay Anand.

It will be definitely related to Tahasil Office.  Can you please send me the scanned copy of application (from printing and stationary dept). The Procedure in Telangana is like this:

1. First give application before Tahasil 2. Sworn affidavit of the applicant. 3. Fill up the form of Change of name. 4. payment of fee for Gazettee Publication 5. Publication of the change of name in any two prominent newspapers 6. Intimation of the publication to the Tahasil Office.  7. Finally Tahasil will issue Name change certificate. 

DeviParmasivan (Teacher)     26 February 2015

https://www.stationeryprinting.tn.gov.in/forms/Proforma-1E.pdf

this form is availble for download but I'm not sure whether they will accept it if we send it through post.

I enquired with an agency, they charge Rs.2000. But the rate specified in the website is only Rs.415/-

I'm confused if we can deal directly.

Kindly help.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     26 February 2015

To

Vijay Anand and Author,

Find enclosed link showing the procedure to change of name along with Annexures I and II  in Telangana State.

https://apland.ap.nic.in/cclaweb/name.htm

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2015

@Deviparamasivam: Your understanding is perfectly right, do not  get misguided by false information.  Whatever you have understood and advised by vijay Anand is the correct procedure to be followed.  You may go ahead.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register