Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (software engineer)     26 February 2015

Nature of disposal in a divorce case - regarding

Hello,

I just saw the my divorce case status online and here is the information.

case status  : case disposed ;

Nature of disposal  : Contested - disposed off 

I understand the case is disposed from the status. But, what is the meaning of " disposed off" in the nature of disposal mean?

Does that mean 1. Case is dismissed , so no divorce or 2. case is dismissed, divorce granted.

I am the respondent in this divorce case. I saw the case status in the e-court website and my lawyer is not responding to my calls. Hence putting forward this query in the forum. Please share your inputs.

Thanks.

Learning

7 Replies

Parityakta (QC)     26 February 2015

Disposed means the trials are over.....Wait for the Decree Order to see the outcome...it could be anything i.e divorce might have been granted  or not granted.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     27 February 2015

disposed off means finally decided by court. later see order to know contents.

1 Like

Contest (Proofer)     27 February 2015

Hi Advocate Nanda Sir,

Case status:  Case disposed.

Nature of Disposal: Contested -Returned. 

Present status: The case is DVA in Magistrate Court and chief examination of the petitioner is not over yet, but the ecourts.gov.in website shows as below.  What does it mean ?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     27 February 2015

accordingly the court will dispose the case on merits and petitioner prayer and in divorce case the prayer is to grant divorce 

so all the stages have completed and the final outcome is disposed and will be know clearly once thr order is in your hands 

1 Like

ramesh (software engineer)     28 February 2015

Thank you, Adv K. Mahesh, for the clarification.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2015

In the divorce case, you have stated to be the respondent and are curious enough to know the meaning of the status 'Disposed' - my advise is, if your advocate is not cooperating, better call on the court office in person, verify the diary wherein the adjudications will be found to be written with full details of the disposal.  Because without knowing the reason, it will not be possible to give an opinion to your query. However please note that your divorce cases stands decided as per the information provided by you.  The DVA case is pending on further proceedings.

ramesh (software engineer)     02 March 2015

@Mr. Kalaiselvan,

Thanks . Yes, my lawyer is not co-operating and I am trying to get the details using a different lawyer in that area.  

Except divorce case there is no other cases going on. So , Can you clarify what did you mean when you said "The DVA case is pending on further proceedings"? What does DVA stand for?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register