Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shihab,Corporate Lawyer (LL.B M.B.A Corporate Lawyer and Management Consultant)     15 November 2009

Legal complienses for starting a course

Dear all,

one educational institute (Partnership firm )is planning to start a certification programme.After completion of the course the student will get one certificate "certified professional audit consultant".

My doubt is, if the institute can start their own certification programmes? Is it legal? if not how this situation can be legalise?

Learning

8 Replies

vishvesh (general manager)     15 November 2009

For legality only courses conducted by universities r valid, other courses r mainly to increase personal efficiency. If clients r satisfied and if there is no cheating what is legality?

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     16 November 2009

Originally posted by :vishvesh
" For legality only courses conducted by universities r valid, other courses r mainly to increase personal efficiency. If clients r satisfied and if there is no cheating what is legality? "

1 Like

Darshan Sharma (Lawyer-cum-detective)     16 November 2009

I agree with above comments but the contents of the courses not recognised must be known for their utility point of view

Shihab,Corporate Lawyer (LL.B M.B.A Corporate Lawyer and Management Consultant)     16 November 2009

Dear friends,thanks  for suggestions.I am also find same point,the main aim of these types of education is upgrading softskills etc.so there is no point seeking government approval for the course.But same time,the the institute should be registred with the local body of government and follow all other statutory compliences like service tax ,income tax etc.I hope more clarifications will come from other learned friends.

M. N. Agrawal (N.A.)     16 November 2009

As the name of the course very controversial and since it prima facie looking like giving a recognition for audit to the person compliting the course, thier is possibility that the professional bodies like ICSI and ICAI may take an action against it. It desirable to change the course name and also to take NOC from the said institutes.

Sanjeev Kumar (Service)     17 November 2009

Yes agree with the comments of Mr M N Aggarwal. ICAI may take action

Sanjeev Kumar (Service)     17 November 2009

Yes agree with the comments of Mr M N Aggarwal. ICAI may take action

Shihab,Corporate Lawyer (LL.B M.B.A Corporate Lawyer and Management Consultant)     17 November 2009

Yes,there may be chance for such mis understang.The course may mistaken as ICAI  or ICSI.But taking NOC from these bodies may not be possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register