LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Possible consequences of marrying a divorce with issue

I'm an issuless divorcee,looking forward to remarrying.I want to have a peaceful life in future since I was a victim of domestic violence earlier.

I have got a very good proposal of a divorcee with good position in govt. job.But he has a child who stays with his ex-wife.

What are the pros and cons of marrying such a man?I dont know if his ex-wife has married again or not.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     13 February 2015

First read his divorce decree that on that what has forced him to take decree in the first instance. you will get some idea about him.  Instead of looking towards his job status and  financial position,  meet him  for a few occasions and talk with him freely and assess his attitude and if  it is possible and suits you, then you can  go ahead. If his affection towards his child from the first marriage is a tough thing to you and his return to his father won't be acceptable, then do not go for  this marriage.  If you are broad minded and these things would not matter much for  you,  then if  his  attitude is decent,  go ahead.  

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 February 2015

Meet him personally and talk to him, enquire about him from outsources about his character and behaviour, go through his divorce decree also think about his child in near future he wants to take custody or helps him financely you have any objection on it, if you ensure everything and satisfied from every point of view then go ahead otherwise not.
1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks a lot for your answers gentlemen.

i will do as told.

i would also like to know if his wife can create any problems after marriage,esp. if she is still unmarried?can she claim legal rights for her girl child?

i live in delhi and he's in mumbai.how can i get his divorce case details?

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     14 February 2015

Dear, If he has been divorced by court decree then the court must have also mentioned about the child custody and all in that order sheet .... Better go through the same and then move ahead ... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register