LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     15 April 2008

Notice of Lispendes

My property has been disposed by the builder without my consent and now my lawyer has made Notice if Lispendes, which is to be registered in chembur

What all documents, we have to carry for registration and what is the need of this procedure ? Pl guide

Learning

6 Replies

Jithendra.H.J (Lawyer)     16 April 2008

Your query needs some more details, and about lispendence

Guest (n/a)     17 April 2008

It is not clear from ur msg that whether u have filed a case agaisnt a builder. If it is so, u hve to carry with u the drafted notice, a copy of suit filed by u in the court. In addition to dis, u hve to give publication in local news paper of ur court matter. I have not gone through ur papers. these r only suggessions based on ur msg.

adv.suhas vaidya (advocate)     18 April 2008

for grater Bombay notice of Lispendes must be register as per bomb act, notification for rest maharashtra yet pass

Rasik Dagli (Lawyer)     23 April 2008

As the term suggest it is a notice of Lispendes and therefore before such a notice is registered there must be Lis pending. If you have filled a suit in any Civil Court against a builder, obtain a certified copy of the suit which also contain prayers made in the suit. At the time of registration of Notice you will be required to produce this certified copy to the Registering Authority.

Rahul R. Samant (Advocate)     03 May 2008

You have to give details of the suit in the said notice. Stamp duty is not required. Only nominal registration fee is required. No need to attach any documents.

RASIK DAGLI (Lawyer)     22 September 2008

"Lis Pendens" means "Pending Suit' .You have to file a Civil Suit against the builder and than get a Crtified copy of the plaint and get the same registered. Please see that property is fully described with four bounderies in the suit. Once Lis Pendens is registered, any tranction relating to that property, will be subject to the result of that suit filed by you.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register