Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (none)     13 December 2014

Builder's agreement with heir or occupant

Hi,

I want your expert opinion regarding an issue related to Redevelopment of Co-Op Housing Society in Mumbai and the builder's agreement with the legal Heir, Nominee or the Occupant.

Background: I've 2 brothers - 1 elder and 1 younger. Our father died in 2001 and made a WILL that equal share of his flat in Mumbai should be given to Me and My Younger brother. I've filed a Probate/Letter of Administration petition in High Court Mumbai regarding the approval of the Will and the process is still pending in the Court.

The Nominees of Flat registered with our Society are: 1.My elder Brother, 2.Me, 3.My Younger brother
The Will has given equal share to: Me and My Younger brother
The Occupant of Flat is: My Younger brother
The Owner of Flat is: My Deceased Father.
My mother is already Deceased before the death of father.

Mean while my Younger brother has occupied the vacant flat of my father and it still staying their paying the society's maintenance. While I stay in another city nearby.

During the Probate/Letter of Administration petition in Court, My Elder brother gave NOC, that he is not interested in this said flat of my deceased father. That means, now only Me and my younger brother are the Heirs.

Now in 2014 the Society has decided the Redevelopment which me and my younger brother has agreed. The society has conveyed to me in the general meeting that they (and builder) will make redevelopment agreement with the Occupant only (That is my Younger brother).

My question is: I'm the Nominee of the flat along with my younger brother, and also the Heir in the Will. So, Society/Builder should make redevelopment agreement with Me and My Younger brother jointly? or Since he is just Occupant of the flat, with my Younger brother only?

And If society/Builder is doing agreement with my Younger brother only then what steps should I take to make them include me in the Agreement.

Please advice. thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     16 December 2014

The nominees hold the property just in " trust " for the actual heirs till the claims are finalised. However the Society's obligations are over once they deal with the nominee. in any case they can not deal with the Occupant but the Nominee(s) on record.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register