Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jhala mayur (employeeee)     14 November 2014

Can i keep my residence outside my work station?

can i keep my residence outside my work station?

station=means work building compound which also have some residence.  

i am central government of India employee.

now on probation.

i am permanent employee.

there is no residence available for my post.

my work station is at remote area no living near by.

i want to have my residence at near by city about 30 km far from work building.

authority is not allowing me to have my residence there.

what can be done?

i can explain more on email? also pay 

Learning

11 Replies

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     14 November 2014

Dear SIr,

Rules of many organizations, particularly public sector, that employee will reside in city limits and whenever he is leaving headquarters, he should obtain prior permission. Over a period, rule has got diluted although exists on paper. This must be to ensure that people are available all the times and remotely placed offices do not find themselves locked.

Please check exact provision and work out suitable arrangement ( Formal / informal) for yourself by confiding in authorities.

dear sir 

but this is extremely remote area at seashore and no human locality here. how can live alone for ever. so i asked them my to have my home at near by city its 24 km and some of them not allowing me.i also offered that i will work 12 hour instead of 8, main problem is only two person only placed  at this station. 

what can i do now? should i leave job? or any judicial review procedure i can take side?

and also thanks a lot for your reply...... no one can helpful as you now.....reallly

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 November 2014

Explain in writing under proper acknowledgement.....including non availability of medical care etc.. Use escalation matrix. Approach employee's union's and handle the matter deftly....

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

This telegraphic language does not explain the problem fully so not able to agree or disagree with any expert above.

1 Like

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     15 November 2014

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

This telegraphic language does not explain the problem fully so not able to agree or disagree with any expert above.

1) Employee has to go by the service conditions. Employer can sometime allow some concessions at his discretion, if convinced and ignore the rule. However this can not be a matter of right. Knowledge of exact provision, convincing of inconvenience faced and mutually beneficial solution coupled with good equation with the boss, would help employee overcome the obstacle, hence the solution.

2) In the alternate, it being GOI organization, rule can be challenged under writ, on the ground of discrimination, unreasonableness etc. but that is a tedious, costly & unsure process. It would also antagonize the employer and future prospects.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

You have not even described what the organisation is and what the job contents is.  Without this none can form view of merits of your case and non can give you a suitable advise.

Not able to agree or disagree with any of the above views.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

If your nature and terms of employment are that you are required to be in the nearest vicinity and available at all the times of emergency immediately, you do not have any exemption to it since you have already agreed to the conditions in the offer letter of appointment.  Choice is yours to continue or to discard the employment.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 November 2014

some jobs which cannot be challenged even in the writ because before hand itself you will be given all the rules and regulations while accepting the offer 

ex. in navy they should work 6 months in sea and 6 months in offshore and they cannot challenge it in any court 

in the same way if your office has such rules then you have to bound to work for the same not 12 hours but round the clock on emergency means you have to stay near by only 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 November 2014

the author neither tells name of organisation nor the place of posting nor the post held nor the nature of duties.

Yest expects s a reply.

jhala mayur (employeeee)     20 November 2014

i agree with you sir Adv k . mahesh but there should be week off, holidays , and any house we can keep our family this deprtment neither giving single holiday neither giving any off they except me 24*7*365 working on job that is neither written in call letter too.......

shue them all .... god has made me way 

thank you all of you sir now i have solution i think bit hard i will manage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register