Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gita (self)     25 October 2014

How to know lawyer if a property lawyer is legitimate?

Can someone please tell us what are the factors we should check before selecting a property lawyer.

Most important, how would I know if the lawyer is a legitimate property  lawyer? What are the documents I should ask him/her before selecting them? 

I want to select the lawyer to take care of our property.

Thanks

Gita

Learning

9 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     25 October 2014

Any advocate who is prudent and careful only would take property work. That way no advocate would just accept your work on property unless he has an access with property lawyers unless he himself can undertake such strenuous work, for it calls for a lot of appreciation of maze of laws connected to properties ,that is why they charges look like very high but certainly that depend on the type of investigation he would or his supporting advocates would take up.

if any one offers cheap sure you can say there is something wrong that is how you can identify good and bad!. 

generally capable only would take up confidently. Else from the talk you would know how deep he is in! that  is all, as there is no certificate like some degree or diploma is there!

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     25 October 2014

In fact real property practicing lawyer needs no degrees or diplomas as such as no such diplomas work, see judges mostly just LL.B or B.L but their experience only helps them judge things properly in anu=y complicated matter;

trust is vital 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 October 2014

I agree with Dr. Balakrishnan.

To add to above, you may discuss your problem with a local lawyer, take second/subsequent opinion, compare both of them, analyse yourself and handover your brief to the competant lawyer.

No yardstick/scale is there to tell you regarding competancy or otherwise of a lawyer dealing in property cases.

However, it is not a legal query.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 October 2014

you nor any one can tell how capable this lawyer is or that lawyer is 

experience makes man perfect 

as said above by talking to the lawyer you can guess how capable he is and in what way he can present your case in the court 

1 Like

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     25 October 2014

Gitaji,

If our Advocates Community poses the same question as to how to select an efficient doctor for getting treatment in a serious disease, what would be the answer. We can not hold written tests to the whole doctors and require them to get through. Generally we make an enquiry in the respective field and ascertain the caliber, efficiency, experience and every thing and then only we use to hand over the case. One thing we should always keep in mind that beyond all the above qualifications and experience, a professional requires and ought to possess the honesty, determination and dedication.

Hope you got it.

Truly yours,

G. YADAGIRI SHARMA,

M. Com., LL.M.,

G. AMRUTHA KUMARI,

M. Com., LL.M.,

ADVOCATES

H. No. 2-1-178/1, 100 Feet Road

Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda.

WARANGAL DISTRICT – 506 001

*: 98 493 45 755 – *: 99 66 45 66 85

gysharmaadv@gmail.com

1 Like

Pendyala Vasudeva Rao (Advocate)     25 October 2014

GITAJI!

ENQUIRY AND EXPERIENCE OF YOUR OWN ONLY REVEALS THE ABILITY OF AN ADVOCATE. THERE IS NO MEASUREMENTS TO CALICULATE.

1 Like

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     25 October 2014

I agree with Dr. Balakrishnan.

This is not a legal query, however, you may discuss your case with a lawyer and then take second / subsequent opinion and then compare the opinion of both of them, analyse yourself and then decide . There is no scale to tell regarding competency of a lawyer dealing in property cases or any other matters. 

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 October 2014

In my opinion the query itself is absurd.  What type of skill test you think you can have on a lawyer to confirm his/her efficiency  or skill?, you should not raise such query in a pubic forum especially a legal forum like this.   It is your look out to find if the lawyer is efficient or prudent or good or bad or conducive to your taste and desire.  Alternately, you can enquire about the efficiency of the lawyer you propose to engage within the circle and then if you are satisfied yu may proceed or look for another, nobody can vouch for anyone.

1 Like

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     29 October 2014

I agree with my friend Mr Kalaiselvan, i fact this itself is a wrong question as no one can question one ability to treat a case with full perfection, it is the ability of person to person that on which scale you access the other's know how and way of pleading.

Many times it has been seen in a practical world of Professionals that Gold medalists fail to perform and some below average and mediocre do very well and up to the par excellence  only because of their much practical approach, however it must be kept in mind that who soever is doing any job in professional world must be also taught  in that field other wise he will only be doing copy paste job in his work and nothing special observation can be made by him in his working area. Please note every case differs from each other and thus requires a special approach to get it solved which a knowledgeable person only can do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register