LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (HR Manager)     20 October 2014

Job fraud

I Lied to my wife's Family about my job details during marriage..I believed strongly in me considering my degree that i can get the job and the salary i told them .

But , Unfortunately , I am Still unemployed after more than 1 years..

My Wife's family threatens me to file a case .

Will there be any case like IPC 420 ? What will be legal proceedings ? Even i get job next month that lie will be cancelled . Am i right ?

Learning

20 Replies

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     20 October 2014

Yes. They can very well file a case of cheating against you. There are precedents in this regard. No matter if you join a job tomorrow, you have committed a crime in past and the same has nothing to do with your present.

Thank you sathya.. But I never forced to get any money out of her home ...nor send her home ...

we looked after her from marriage to 7-months of pregnancy... This is my fate.. I never really thought of cheating.. but i had a hope in me that i can get job..... 

Now matter got worse due other reasons . I really dont want her in my life..... If they can book will i get arrested under which section .. how long ?

(Guest)

Why did you get married if you did not have a job?

You thought getting married is a joke?  Or did you think your wife  will look after you after marriage?

If you ask her to do job, she will file dowry case on you.  You go jail.  She can ask maintenance legally u'/s 125 crpc, and if you fail to pay money, you go jail. 

They can file 420 case on you and also ask for divorce.  420 case wont affect you much.  

Its my advice that you talk this out with wife and co before they take some absurd decision of teaching you a lesson.  First find a job and stop fooling around.  

They can file 498a case against you, DV case also among other cases, and there is no immunity for that.  You also got her pregnant, now you will also have to pay alimony for kid.  This is what I keep suggesting people who get married, dont take urgent decision of producing kid within a year of marriage.  Take time, use condom and other contraceptive techniques, keep the pregnancy for later, when you have really understood your wife.  Then produce kid.  WIthout any understanding, just for satisfying s*xual desire you have se x, then later on you too will be in trouble if marriage does not work, and newborn will also be in trouble, as will your wife, and also members of both families.  You should have waited /or used a condom.  Bad decision to get wife pregnant.  Now you will suffer as there is no immunity against 498a, DV, and maintenance cases u/s 125 crpc.

Isse toh accha tha ki shaadi nahi karte, khamakhaa ladki ka jeevan barbaad kiya aur khud ka bhi.

Why did you get married if you did not have a job?

I Lost my previous job just before 2 months of my marriage.Based on friends advise and confidence in me regd getting job(Education : BE Computer Science), i didn't postpone or cancel the marriage 

You thought getting married is a joke?  Or did you think your wife  will look after you after marriage?

I know marriage is serious matter not a joke... We as a family looked after her from day 1 to till 7month of pregnancy ... now she is with her home for last 8 months .. So she never looked after me financially..

If you ask her to do job, she will file dowry case on you.  You go jail.  She can ask maintenance legally u'/s 125 crpc, and if you fail to pay money, you go jail. 

I have a plan to ask to work after i am stable in order to have extra money for saving to run the life... But i am not insisting her now to do any job .... She can ask maintenance but not eligible becuase she got Post graduate degree and worked in the past.....

They can file 420 case on you and also ask for divorce.  420 case wont affect you much.  

If she can't understand my position then i am ready to give her divorce... Wife is soulmate...not supposed to be stranger/guest .Be with me  when im good and leave/file case on me when i am in bad situation....

Its my advice that you talk this out with wife and co before they take some absurd decision of teaching you a lesson.  First find a job and stop fooling around.  

I am looking for the job and in process . I talked to my wife about this but she and her family threatens me regd cheating case.. I dont like people blackmail/threatening me... So i agreed her to go on and file a case... I take that as a good lesson in the context of people's mentality when you are in trouble 

They can file 498a case against you, DV case also among other cases, and there is no immunity for that.  You also got her pregnant, now you will also have to pay alimony for kid.  This is what I keep suggesting people who get married, dont take urgent decision of producing kid within a year of marriage.  Take time, use condom and other contraceptive techniques, keep the pregnancy for later, when you have really understood your wife.  Then produce kid.  WIthout any understanding, just for satisfying s*xual desire you have se x, then later on you too will be in trouble if marriage does not work, and newborn will also be in trouble, as will your wife, and also members of both families.  You should have waited /or used a condom.  Bad decision to get wife pregnant.  Now you will suffer as there is no immunity against 498a, DV, and maintenance cases u/s 125 crpc.

I am always ready to take on my kid... She is no harm for me.... But she denied to see her and they did conduct naming ceremony without me and my family showing intention of going for divorce.. I am ready to give her divorce.... Child after completion of life settlement .. No one ever done that.... 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

read your reaction on Advise of Mr Helping hand.

He has rightly assessed your self created plight.

I wonder you do not like to be threatened but expect other to like being cheated by you.  They have a right to file cheating case and if it is arranged marriage then you family will be co accused.

you said "I never really thought of cheating.." but what you did was cheating.

you are still saying "I really dont want her in my life....." Then pay hwer what ever she wants and get mutual divorce.

How on earth you can think of avoiding maintenance of child on an argument that the wife is PG and can earn. 

1 Like

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111059&offset=1#.VEXMhVeO5G0

admitted beating her  on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111058&offset=1

blogging as wife on yet another thread

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111074&offset=1

madhu (HR Manager)     21 October 2014

Mr. Sudir thanks for ur comments.  You dont feel what emotions i am going thru plus searching for job .... 

But My wife and her family attitude is so bad.. Not tolerable....

I Never i will not take care of my child.. My Daughter is my soul....

but i do not want to pay any money to my wife as she is PG(MBA) and Worked before. Law is same for all gender .. Isn't it.. 

If a boy of MBA degree can get decent job , why can't girls can get ??? Actulally they get easily than boys... In compaines they treat men/women differently when comes to salary.....

You dont feel what emotions i am going thru plus searching for job ....

what about the emotional turmoil you created for you wife.

But My wife and her family attitude is so bad..

You can never on earth expect good behaviour after cheating and beating their daughter.

Not tolerable....

You have no choice. Even your actions are not tolerable.

Then why you are not ready to give her maintenance. At present what you are doing is neglect of child.  Correct me if you are paying maintenance of child.

but i do not want to pay any money to my wife as she is PG(MBA) and Worked before. Law is same for all gender .. Isn't it.. 

You may want anything but you have to give maintenance to wife as long as she doe snot get a job and for your child even if wife gets a job.

If a boy of MBA degree can get decent job , why can't girls can get ??? Actulally they get easily than boys... In compaines they treat men/women differently when comes to salary.....

No legal sanctity of this statement

1 Like

You dont feel what emotions i am going thru plus searching for job ....

what about the emotional turmoil you created for you wife. Sorry I meant the emotions my family going thru due to their neglegence/ill-treat . We never treated my wife and their family badly even though they are not of same staus as like us..We spent all money for our marriage without their help... Why can't they wait for till i get job...then what is understanding between husband and wife... Let me give an example , Before marriage a girl had boyfriend and had physical relationship but hide these facts to Groom's family and her husband.. this is also cheating...If he comes to know after marriage and if she admits then as a gentle man husband he should forget and move on with her peacefully.If playing with her and ex-boyfriend issues again and again for some others disputes between husband and wife Just think about what emotional extent she and her family can go after all torture from husband .....that kind of situation my family in now....

But My wife and her family attitude is so bad..

You can never on earth expect good behaviour after cheating and beating their daughter. Showing respect and behave good shows ones attitude towards others though whatever happens.. If they don't like they can leave peacefully... If are provocated for each and every trivial issues you have no choice other than shouting angrily and it leads to beating... She tried to delete phone contacts from my phone...I am not that sort of person to go on delete others contact in their phone.It includes my wife's contact... She also have so many boys numbers cliaming that they her friend/neighbours/relatives... But still at the end , i apoligized for my beating thru call/sms/face-to-face several times. She has to forget and move on....

Not tolerable....

You have no choice. Even your actions are not tolerable.  Now you can say who is not tolerable?

Then why you are not ready to give her maintenance. At present what you are doing is neglect of child.  Correct me if you are paying maintenance of child. At present baby is with her and stays at her home(Rented)... My parents went there every month and bought clothes and other things needed for baby . I informed them verbally if you can't look after the baby you can come and stay at my home(own house) .If you dont like that idea.. give the baby to my parents ..on behalf of me they look after my child... without job how can i pay her maintenacne for that i suggested her the above said ways for my child...but i do not want to pay any money to my wife as she is PG(MBA) and Worked before. Law is same for all gender .. Isn't it.. 

You may want anything but you have to give maintenance to wife as long as she doe snot get a job and for your child even if wife gets a job.Now a days job is same for all gender when u go for interview... If she is not interested to do job though she has good degree then thats her arrogance/unwillingness. How on earth you were working before with the same degree...It shows if you wish you want to work/ or rely on husband... Why sir IS husband ATM for girls who deny to cope with the husband and their family and refuse to do household work ? Husband can't do Office work + House work . Can he ? I am 100% commited to my baby's maintenance but not 0% to arrogant wife .If the court insists me i will go to jail instead paying her >>

No legal sanctity of this statement . This question can't be answered by law.... Because laws are too old (I hope 1955 ) . Now so many girls excel in studies and job....people of same degree and same work experiece in their field gets same salary regardless of which gender..... Please Sir, like you people suggest court and governmet to change law to all equally....  Office work for men .. Household work for women... Respect for all.... If wife goes to office then husband can share her work at home....Give and take policy.... This is what equal in my perspective....

Above said are all not my fight against you personally .. Its about my realistic point versus your law point...As expert and my elder to me,  i apoligize to you if i am wrong... 

fighter (Software professional)     21 October 2014

Bhai....india mai ladka galti kare to crime hai...ladki wale shaadi ke liye cheating karen to bola jaata hai ki shaadi mai ye sab to chlta hai....yahi indian system hai...my wife and inlaws cheated badle with me.Ab woh bolte hain ki tumko care ful rahna chahiye tha....bhai kisi pe belive karna bhi crime hai aajkal....ek baar fas gaye to niklna muskil hai....yahan sab bebkoof banane ka dhanda chal raha hai..tum kyo darte ho....usse bolo ki tu case kar...kuch nahi hoga i bet if u have not given in written..just never tell you told like that ki salary ye hai woh hai.......ye dunia keval gumrah karne ke liye hai....honest man are sufferer here.

(Guest)

I have read all your previous queries.  In two words, marriage is not for you, it was a utterly foolish decision to get married.  Getting married is not childs play.  

You have taken life very lightly.  There needs to be lot of commitment once you get married, and whatever the reason might be, one should not resort to beating and manhandling a woman. I know that women will drive you nuts, they will make you go crazy but thats all a part of marriage, its come free with marriage.  Like you get a box free with toothpaste, you dont need it, but it comes with the toothpaste tube. Todays woman though educated, earning etc, dont have patience what your mum has.  Your mum has patience as she is from the past, those times were like that, today's woman does not have any patience, you cannot expect your wife to be your mother.  Mother is different, and wife is entirely different and you have confused your wife with your mum.  That is the beginning point of all the problems.  

Another weakness of yours is you are argumentative in nature. Dont worry, Indian courts will tune you properly. 

You cannot undo things of the past, but what you can do is... Get out of this mess that you created yourself.  Its not a crime to lose job or not have job once you get married.  But one has to plan accordingly, take family members into confidence that everything is ok and ask them not to panic.  Basically, its all about how you manage people.  You really dont know how to manage a person, especially wife.  Such being the case, marriage is not for you.  Wife is not a pup whom you can tie and keep to your cot.  It takes lot of patience to run the show in marriage, which you dont have at all.  Thats the reason why you are here today.  

You ask for divorce via MCD, and get out of this mess by paying one shot alimony, thats the best way out for you.  God not, if your wife wants to contest divorce case, you will be at the verge of commiting suicide for sure.

Once you get out of the marriage after getting divorce decree, dont marry again.  Marriage is not for you.

1 Like

Well Explained, Helping Hand.. I guess you must me suffered lot from a girl/woman.  Marriage is not for you.If your statement is right then second/further marriage never happened in the world.In other words divorce would not be given  on basis of mental cruelty..  You showed some examples like toothpaste/pup regd wife/marriage...I had been to software job managing a team with bunch of people and been worked as team lead in UK with few people including native english people.I treated everyone equal,I managed them quitely and happily...Never forget to Praise their individuality and team work..I treat none of them as puppet....If i were not showing my characters/attitue/hardwork,then above said could not have been happened... If some good things happens,first of all i say thanks and repay that.If some bad things happens ,then i ask apologize first and make sure it never happens after that or redo to make it right..... But these 2 good qualities not with my wife...I explained her zillion times...Nothing happens....then provocation starts....Leads to misunderstandin....scolding....beatings....Lets say i forgive her at that moment and leave that place and make myself tolerate that... then she takes that as advantage......It continues...then this attitued spreads to another issues...Keep on continued that attitude...now im here..So you can understand now..... If she were my friend i would leave her once/twice same thing happens...But she is in relationship...IF she doesn't care what the consequences will be if dont' hear what people say.. then she is not good for marriage... One is true... I try to go for MCD....If it is contest divorce then time will be wasted along with money and peaceful mind...Suicide is not my cup of tea..... My marriage is a trap...One more thing i never asked her to be like my mum... But i try to change her slowly  to be LIKE my mum... I have patience and attitude...But she is unwilling... Above said are all my side of explanation regarding my problem..if you feel arguementative then be it... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register