LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shyam ( )     15 October 2014

Last page missing from sale deed copy

My Father passed away a few years ago survived by myself, my sister and my mother.

The flat owned by my father has a Original sale Deed and 1 copy/duplicate deed (NOT XEROX). The

copy sale deed has just the front page stamp paper and rest are ordinary paper.

Now the last page of the COPY deed is missing BUT the ORIGINAL sale deed is intact and complete.

Now my question would this affect the chances/value of selling the property or getting loan

against the property ?

If so Is there a solution to resolve it.

Currently the flat is in the name of my father and not yet transferred using legal heir certificate.

Thank you for your reply

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 October 2014

You can get certified copies from the sub-registrar of revenue department. since all the sale deeds are registered with sub regisrars while purchasing or selling house properties at your local area.

Shyam ( )     15 October 2014

But sir, I have the ORIGINAL sale deed with me INTACT and COMPLETE. Even then I need to get the certified copy ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

What is your worry when you have the original sale deed in tact with all the pages properly secured?, The copy of the sale deed is of no value especially when the original document is available with you.  

1 Like

Shyam ( )     24 October 2014

Thank you sir.

I was worried since our lawyer said this will be problem when selling the property.

I have the original sale deed complete and intact all pages.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register