LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gavaskar (None)     13 October 2014

Indian railway - rs-1600 fine for unacceptable reason

I am starting this topic to get things cleared up as i want to know, whether what that squad person done this to my father is acceptable or not. 

Below is the content which my father wrote this to railway customer service. kindly read this and give your opinion.

Train Name : TUTICORIN EXP (16236)

We (Myself, Wife and my Daughter) were boarded the train on 12/10/2014 21:15 at Bangalore Cy Jn (SBC), and the scheduled arrival of the train was in the next day morning 13/10/2014 11:15 at Tuticorin (TN) [Total duration of travel was 14 HRS]. During the online reservation in Tatkal Quota, i put my daughter's VOTER ID card as ID Proof. After started boarding around 22:00 Hrs, the TTE came and checked our tickets and asked for ID card, then my daughter showed her ID proof, the TTE examined her ID card and returned it to her. But unfortunately my daughter had to left the train in Madurai Station on 13/10/2014 7:40 AM. After travelling 11:30 hours later, another officer (he said Checking Squad) came and asked our tickets, which was happened after my daughter had left the train, when we showed our ticket to TTE along with our original VOTER ID card as a proof, he refused to accept our Original ID Card and he asked my daughter's identity proof, which we couldn't show, as she has already left in madurai station, I told everything about the other TTE, who examined our tickets and daughters ID card in the previous night. He was not even ready to hear and he said that, he would consider this as a without ticket and asked me to pay a fine amount of 2600, I was trying to explain my situation  but he was not bothered whatever I said, Instead of hearing he shouted and quarrelled with me, as I couldn’t tolerate his way of approaching towards the passenger really annoyed me, and i decided to pay a fine, when I checked the reason of huge amount,  he puts fine for my daughter also who was not even present in the train, when I told him about the foolishness of his calculation, He stared at me and finally put fine of Rs.1600. After reaching the station I have complained this whole event in the Tuticorin(TN) Railway Station, Officer. He has asked me to put a complaint.

This is really a worst service from INDIAN RAILWAY.

Learning

5 Replies

l3on (student)     13 October 2014

I am sad ,however you can easily sue him provided if you have the proper recordical evidences , incase if any informations required go through RTI. 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 October 2014

read.

All action of said railway officials were correct. He should not have at all accepted anything other than the ID document mentioned in the chart and without the same treat the passanger W/T.  Exactly what he did.

But when he has fined for your daughter who had disembarked, it became illegal.  You have given complaint. You should persue it through Chief Vigilance Officer of Railways this can result in action against him.

You can ask for refund from Chief Commercial Supdt and if not getting can move to consumer court.

1 Like

Gavaskar (None)     14 October 2014

Thanks Sudhir Kumar for read it,

But in the printed e-ticket , 

One of the point states in the Important section reads as follows:

The accomodation booked is not transferable and is valid only if the ID card printed above is presented during the journey. The ERS/VRM along with printed ID proof in original would be verified by TTE with the name and PNR on the chart. If the passenger fail to produce/display ERS/VRM due to any eventuality (loss, damaged mobile/laptop etc,) but has the prescribed original proof of identity, a penalty of 50/- per ticket as applicable to such cases will be levied. The ticket checking staff On board/Off board will give Excess Fare Ticket for the same.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2014

I reterate.

You have given complaint. You should persue it through Chief Vigilance Officer of Railways this can result in action against him.

You can ask for refund from Chief Commercial Supdt and if not getting can move to consumer court.

sneha jaiswal   12 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

You can sue in the consumer forum or civil court with appropriate evidences. Also, it depends upon the rules and regulations which was mentioned when you were booking the tickets.

Hope it helps

Regards, 
Sneha Jaiswal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register