LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit (Senior Software Engineer)     12 September 2014

Company owners making trouble in relieving

I am employed with an software company (LLP firm) for 7months. Since i have good opportunity I am leaving the organization.  I have put an email for resignation 1month ago. As they needed me in project they tried to convince me to continue the service, even offered an increment , but i refused. Now there is an ongoing project which is not going to complete in next 1month. Since the dependencies are not fulfilled by them, the project is getting delayed, even after repeated attempt of pointing this out to the founder he was not bothered to fulfill it., instead he shouted me on writing mail for everything. Apart from that we had few heated arguments. Due to all this, my productivity is also decreased and project is getting further delayed. 

Now the founder told me that he will not relieve me even on completing the term if the project is not completed. On the other hand, the new employer is expecting me to join earlier than the mentioned period (60 days). Which is not possible now. Though, at most i can convince them for the mentioned period, but not beyond.

Even the notice period calculation is erroneous. I mailed resignation on Friday, now they are saying it is considered from next working day, also any leave would result in extension of this period. I took one day leave, so all in all i am having to serve 3 more days than the notice period.

What options do i have if new company doesn't agree to wait beyond that. provided i don't want to leave this opportunity.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 September 2014

What is this establishment: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise? You may see The registration certificate displayed near entrance or find out yourself.

How may persons are employed in it?

You are in which state?

Redg. office/HO of the company is located in which state?

What is its line of business; It etc?

What is the notice period as in appointment letter and what is the notice period tendered by you, and what is the notice period expected from you, and what is the joining period given by next employer?

Has the company issued any offer letter, and appointment letter (both) to you , payslips, PF number,ESIC card, etc.................................?

The founder is irritated since you have been building record by putting everything in writing and it shall help you in future.

Are you a member of employee's/Trade Unions? 

1 Like

Ankit (Senior Software Engineer)     12 September 2014

Forgot to mention its a Software Company registered as an LLP

>>What is this establishment: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise?

not sure about this

>>How may persons are employed in it?

basically the founders have 2 companies registered which basically runs under single management. in all it has 60around employees and possibly around 20 working for the one I am employed with.

>>You are in which state? Redg. office/HO of the company is located in which state?

Its in gurgaon, haryana

>>What is its line of business; It etc?

its an IT firm

>>What is the notice period as in appointment letter

60 days

>>and what is the notice period tendered by you,

I initially offered buyout of entire notice period, but am okay even if they relieve me on 60th day without making any trouble.

>>and what is the notice period expected from you

HR reverted the resignation mail mentioning last date in the company (which exceeds by 3 days), and saying "subject to completion of all the tasks assigned to you during your notice period. Would also like to inform that any leaves taken during the notice period will lead to extension of your notice period."

>>and what is the joining period given by next employer?

its already passed, though they are expecting me to give another date which may not substantially exceed than 60 days from their offer. around 32days are already passed.

>>Has the company issued any offer letter, and appointment letter (both) to you , payslips, PF number,ESIC card

I have all these, offer letter, payslips, PF number

>>Are you a member of employee's/Trade Unions?

no

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register