LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mary Paul (assisstant)     31 October 2009

name change

as i was with my mother in my child hood days my name was given by mother as Simmy Mary (selected by mothers family)in all records. however my father wanted his mothers' name to be more prominent i.e "Mary" and had used that in all records made by him namely my passport and marriage certificate . now i am in employment with a psu and want my name to be same in all records . since my earlier name was given in my marksheets i was forced to give that while joining the psu but now i want my name to be reflected same as in the passport and marriage certificate namely "Mary". what procedure will i have to follow

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     31 October 2009

In case you wish to change your name, that also includes your father's/mother's name (!!) or even Surname you have to follow a very simple procedure.

Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.

Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.

Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).

Pay the requisite Fees in cash. (Rs. 120/- in Maharashtra for routine (6-8 weeks for publication) and Rs. 620/- for urgent (2-3 weeks)).

The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or father's/mother's name, or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Father's/mother's Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.

The procedure is adopted for the change in the date of birth and age and even for a change of religion.

Once the same is notified in the gazzette approach the university/board and request change in your name by submitting a certified copy of the gazzette.

1 Like

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     31 October 2009

Nothing to ad more in the detailed procedure given by Vishal. Follow it and get the required results.

Dr.Anjani Kumar Vaidyasen,09431271130,Patna (Corporate affairs Taxation and Law Consultants Advocate)     02 November 2009

In case of changing name,address and personal identity of any individual in Bihar one has to be made affidavit from the !st Class Magistrate regarding the changes of his identity with allsupporting documents and then published in national newspaper or gazzetted it .The both copies of the gazzatte and affidavit sent the proper authorities for changes the identity.

Dr.Anjani Kumar Vaidyasen,09431271130,Patna (Corporate affairs Taxation and Law Consultants Advocate)     02 November 2009

In case of changing name,address and personal identity of any individual in Bihar one has to be made affidavit from the !st Class Magistrate regarding the changes of his identity with allsupporting documents and then published in national newspaper or gazzetted it .The both copies of the gazzatte and affidavit sent the proper authorities for changes the identity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register