Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s (m)     25 August 2014

Obtaining case copy

Sir,

I am an appellant. Can I get case copy of my case while the case is on the court or I have the wait for the case to over?  

We are considering to change the current lawyer, he is saying that case copy can be obtained along with the judgment copy and no other way. Actually case is nearing for the judgment.

How long will it take to get the case copy through another lawyer?

It is important for us to get the case copy ASAP as we want to get opinion from other lawyers.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     25 August 2014

Hi,

You can get the certified copy of case papers by applying to the concern court in the prescribed format of application of certified copy and upon payment of the prescribed fee. Normally, it will take two weeks time to obtain certified copy of the papers. An application for certified copy can be made either Party or his advocate.

Regards

Adv.Kishor Hajare

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     25 August 2014

You can obtained the certified copies of your case papers by applying in the concerned court in the precribed application form with fee , file for urgent you will get it within 3-4 days .
1 Like

s (m)     25 August 2014

Sir,

Thanks for the replies. 

Please answer this question:

Can I apply for the case copy while the case is on the court?

I am asking this, because I didn't attend the case hearings and lost the trust in my lawyer. So want to know the exact current situation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2014

You can get the entire papers related to the case bundle kept in the court by filing a copy application, there is nothing forbidding you from obtaining it. The disposal of the case or pendency of the case has nothing to with your procurement of the same, if your lawyer is not cooperating, change him immediately before he does more damages.
1 Like

s (m)     26 August 2014

Sir,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register