LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ragne (mtu)     28 October 2009

Woman Cell versus Court -Pls help urgent

I have been separeted with my wife almost 8 months. She left me because i had bike accident and i was intotal bedrest about 6 months unable to earn money and even care myself. She lived wiht me at that time, but not care about me but abused and enjoyed me being helpless. As i had no money i could not rent flat in Delhi anymore and thats why i lived in my friends place. I did took my wife and sons to my borhters house to the country to give them at least some housing. My wife run away from this place wiht children and went to live to her mom place. There she not took children to school almost 6 monht, they dirty and live on street. Now almost every month i have to go to Woman Cell there she and her family and woman cell official fight with me and ask for money. My business is not good but i have paid my children school fees many places and my wife just takes chidlren out of school and not care about their education. She also refuses to come to live bact to country house i can afford, she say only Delhi flat whic i cannot afford. As i heard my children not go to school long time almost 6 month i managed to get my one son from street and took him back to country school. Now Woman Cell wants me to give son back to mother who not let children to school i refuse because i want my children being educated. They threaten me to send to jail. , they threaten with police and file false cases there wher police even beat me. They accuse me on adultery and whatever more. I want to stop it and divorce her. Seems she not want divorce but just fight with me in Woman Cell all time. Please tell me if i file divorce in court do i still have to go to WOman Cell like every month and listen their fight there or it ok to say that now thing in court, so no need to come to Woman cell. Can I file a case based on cruelty, because leaving me on bed no help while i sick is cruelty, not letting children to school is cruelty and making emotional fights in woman cell is cruelty. I want to stop this thing for once. Please help    

Learning

6 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     28 October 2009

sorry state of affairs with you.

women cell are no courts....so they can not compell to behave in a particular manner, but yes they may refer the matter back to Police Station to register FIR....so better deal with them politely and tactfully.

first try to resolve the matter amicably with the help of relatives and friends.

if nothing comes out then take some legal step....i would rather advice you to make a personal visit to some local lawyer for more appropriate advice as according to the circumstances.

litigation can have many faces like Restitution of Conjugal Rights, Divorce, Custody of Children etc....but for you it is advisable make a personal visit in some lawyer's chamber.

1 Like

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 October 2009

Women Cell has definitely violated its limits and it is appropriate if you approach Hon'ble High court of your state and put all the facts there. First trace individual names of those police or woman cell officials who beat, harassed and pressurised you and also implicate them in their personall as well as in their official capacity.

vivek dhavalikar (advocate high court.)     29 October 2009

seek help from your bar association i hope your matter can be easily sorted out.

SANJEEV KUMAR (STUDENT)     31 October 2009

Ragne

See my reply at your other question

sanjeev

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     10 November 2009

YOU MAY FILE WRIT PETITION AGAINST NATIONAL/STAE COMMISSION FOR WOMEN. IT IS BETTER  TO APPROACTH ADVOCATE .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register