LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vineeth Das (Group Personnel Manager)     19 July 2014

Wife needs divorce

I love my wife and son than anything else in this world and we are living outside India.Right from the beginning of my marriage my wife was behaving totally indifferent to me.I do checked with my wife's parents about her behaviour before and after marriage but I couldn't sort out her problems. Many times I do enquired with my wife itself about her bad behaviour and for that she used to point out silly reasons and her parents also used to advice me that once we have a kid, my wife will be more mature and will start loving me as well.

While my wife was pregnant I came to know from my mother who was in India, that my wife had an strong love affair before my marriage which even her parents and relatives was made known also. My mother came to know about her past relationship  from my wife's ex-lover's mother only as this ex-lover's mother revealed these details by searching my mother at her office. When my mother questioned about the intention of revealing facts after marriage, the reply was that my wife was responsible for the divorce of her ex-lover.

I came to know all these incidents after two days only from my mother as she couldn't able to communicate it with me out of her fear as she also knows how much I am loving my wife. Even though it was a shock to me I went down to India and even participated for the wedding of my wife brother at that time, didn't ask a single question about these to my wife, she also stayed at house till my marriage of her brother.

After the marriage of her brother she started demanding for talks with my family members about her relationship as according to her my mother insulted her by asking for clarifications from her relatives at that time as her ex-lover's mother told my mother that all her relatives have even visited there residence and was made know and was supportive to the relationship; so for clarification only my mother verified and all her relatives told my mother that all of them were aware of her relationship.

At that time I didn't agree for her demand of a talk and that too with my family members.Here neither she wants a talk with me or with my mother what she demanded was a talk with my relative family members only so I denied and that too considering the fact I don't want to create more problems by revealing her ex-relationship to my family members.

This seperation went for 1 year, but daily I used to visit my son and used to meet my wife but she was not ready to come to my flat until I do agree for her demand of a chat with family members.Finally one day out of my love for her I agreed for an open chat with her,we had three hour chat, I even apologised for my mother taliking with her relatives on her past relationship and finally she agreed to come for counselling and where doctor blamed her and her family for bad baehavioir.

After counselling she was started telling me about joining with me, I started fullfilling her long time demands of new car,one day my wife's father only asked me to bring my mother from India and advised me to take my wife also to my flat.As per the instruction of my father-inlaw my mother joined me for one month, took my wife back to my flat, all these I did after clarifying with my wife also.

After one month my mother left to India,on the very same day I told my wife that from today onwards we will have a new life and for that her reply was so cruel saying that she just came only because my mother came and her father told and not to love me or to have a relationship with me. I begged her not to leave and stay there for some time so she stayed with me for next two months where I tried my level best to keep her happy by doing all things that she likes most with a belief one day she will start loving me.

After 3 months her demand for divorce came up, I asked for the reason and for that she is saying that she couldn't able to love me from day one of our marriage, she was forced to marry me by her parents and she doesn't know why she cannot love me as well. I had an open chat with her mother,father and both agreed to me at that time that they will not support her claim for divorce.

One day without telling anything to me she took her dress and other items of my son also to her residence while I was at office as she was having duplicate key of my flat. I came to know my night only when I came to my flat, immediately I do requested her to come back to my flat and join me but she disconnected the phone.

Now my wife went to India and filed case against me asking for divorce. Kindly let me in my case how can I defend my case as I don't want to lose my son also

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 July 2014

You had done a lot of efforts from your side to solve and settle your differences , clearifications etc . now still she became adament to get divorce from you , contest the case , if your son is below 5 years ask visitation rights from The court or if he is more than 5 years then file for custody of your son .
1 Like

Thank you so much Mr.Laxmi Kany Joshi  for your feed back; my son is just 3 year & 2 months only

advocate Avdhesh chaudhary (advocate/ legal consultant)     19 July 2014

DEAR CLIENT,as you have tried to compromise now it is time to resist her wrong as she filed regular divorce against you if fight it properly she is not going to get divorce too easily it may 3to 4 years even more if you take up your case strongly. as your child age is less you may visitation rights. but by the time your divorce finishes you may ask the custody of child because he will grew up by that time. for brief consultation & help you call me 09891507137. ADV. Avdhesh chaudhary

1 Like

Thank you so much for your valuable advice Mr.Avdhesh Chaudhary; will get in touch with you

fighting back (exec)     20 July 2014

my dear friend........your wife has filed for divorce....dont loose the opportunity..grab it and let go off the headache.....l can understand your love for her. . but love can be called love if it is a two was connection...your wife having an affair, and yet you love her? are you a sadhu maharaj or trying to be a adarsh pati dev............this thought of your wife having an affair will keep lingering in your mind even if you manage to defend your divorce......defending a divorce case is a futile excercise for all those who defend it....remember.......a person files for divorce only when he or she has made up his or her mind, not to continue with the marriage. a divorce is not filed just for timepass or a fun sake.......a lot of thought process goes into filing a divorce. when a divorce is filed, that person has already driven away the other spouse from his or her heart and mind...and whatever remains, is just on piece of paper...........dont act on any lawyers advise of defending your case.. your pockets will be empty in no time..............

Vineeth Das (Group Personnel Manager)     20 July 2014

Dear Mr.Fighting Back, First of all thank you so much for your feed back. I fully agree with you "that a person files for divorce only when he or she has made up his or her mind, not to continue with the marriage. a divorce is not filed just for time pass or a fun sake.......a lot of thought process goes into filing a divorce. when a divorce is filed, that person has already driven away the other spouse from his or her heart and mind...and whatever remains, is just on piece of paper."

My dear friend as mentioned I had an open chat with my wife one year back and for me her so called relationship is something that has taken place before marriage and for me that is not a cause to stop loving my wife that too after having a son. My wife only after our open chat advised last year to see one doctor for counselling and as per that doctor' s advice only I even started full filling her long term demands like new car etc and most funny thing before joining me back last year after the counselling she was coming with me and son on so many ocassions.

My wife's father only asked me to bring my mother from India and to take my wife and son back to my flat and as mentioned here also I checked with my wife her intention but at that time she also agreed to bring my mother.

After one month my mother left to India,on the very same day when I told my wife that from today onwards we will have a new life and for that her reply was so cruel saying that she just came only because my mother came and her father told and not to love me or to have a relationship with me. I begged her not to leave and stay there for some time so she stayed with me for next two months where I tried my level best to keep her happy by doing all things that she likes most with a belief one day she will start loving me.

After 3 months her demand for divorce came up, I asked for the reason and for that she is saying that she couldn't able to love me from day one of our marriage, she was forced to marry me by her parents and she doesn't know why she cannot love me as well. I had an open chat with her mother,father and both agreed to me at that time that they will not support her claim for divorce.

One day without telling anything to me she took her dress and other items of my son also to her residence while I was at office as she was having duplicate key of my flat. I came to know my night only when I came to my flat, immediately I do requested her to come back to my flat and join me but she disconnected the phone.

Now my wife went to India and filed case against me asking for divorce; now tell me how can I agree to her demand of divorce; she is not even thinking about the future of our son

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register