LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mukesh (ff)     16 July 2014

Change in surname after marriage

Hi, Is it compulsory to do gazette for change in surname after marriage ?  my wife is working with semi-government type firm and its accountant compulsorily asked her to do gazette for change in surname as they sent the employee detail to government annually and her difference in surname is becoming an problem while file submission. is it compulsory ? we are resident of mumbai, maharashtra.

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 July 2014

if your marriage is registered at subregistrar office, make an application for correction of surname of your wife.  as per hindu marriage rules, the surname may be changed to the surname of husband. then apply for fresh copy of marriage register.

or execute an affidavit that the name of the wife is .............................. before marriage and after marriage with ................................S/o..................................................., the name is called as                             ...........alias ................. and get the affidavit notarised.  this is for information only.                          

1 Like

mukesh (ff)     17 July 2014

Dear Sir Thanks but pls guide me a bit more, so what i understand is that marriage certificate should reflect her after marriage surname and not before marriage surname. OK? so i will have to apply for change in certificate with after marriage surname at the M-ward bmc office from where i got the certificate ? right ?

pls guide me by sharing your vast and precious knowledge.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 July 2014

you may apply at the M=ward bmc office or you and your wife make affidavaits as previously told. if any query 9490929460

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 July 2014

yes 

1 Like

mukesh (ff)     18 July 2014

Dear Sir, thanks a lot, i will for the affadavite. if i face a issue i will get in touch with u on the above number. hope u dont mind it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register