Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna Kumar (Business)     16 July 2014

Well educated and worked during marriage - maintenance??

Hi,

I filed divorce after 1.5 years of separation, she got transferred the case near her place. The case is running 3+ years without any progress. I am only going for hearing, she presents the course in alternative hearing.

She filed maintenance case crpc 125, a year back and still no progress on it. We not separated totally 4.5+ years. She left the job on her own and studying further and telling now she is not working and want maintenance. She also claims, I only asked her to quite the job. She lived with me only three months and left. We don't have any kids.

Please let me know any ways I can ask court to deny the maintenance. 

Thanks, Krishna.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     16 July 2014

Yes you can deny the court not to give her maintenance but you have to prove that she is a well educated lady and was working and getting handsome salary, she had left the job with malafide intention to harass you and to get maintenance, if you want to expediate your case then move an application u/s 21 B in The same court and request the judge to decide your case within 6 Months.
1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 July 2014

1. Search forum past discussion on "No maintenance to working wife" and such discussion contains logics by Experts as well as have court cases references. Read them, understand them and if it fails your understanding then take print outs of such discussions to your Advocate, may be he understands them and helps you. 

2. Search forum past discussion on "How to speed up Civil matrimonial case / 21B research" and such discussion contains logics by Experts as well as have court cases references. Read them, understand them and if it fails your understanding then take print outs of such discussions to your Advocate, may be he understands them and helps you. 

[Last reply]

1 Like

Krishna Kumar (Business)     24 July 2014

Thanks Laxmi kant joshi and Tajobsindia. I will go thru the previous threads,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register