LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srini K (None)     22 June 2014

How to handle this fraud situation?

I am an NRI based in New York,USA. I have an apartment in Hyderabad that I had the intention to sell. I got cheated as stated below.

The price was finalized to 20 lakhs. Since I was in USA, my father sent me all the documents like Sale deed, GPA etc and I duly signed and returned it to my who is 75 years of age.The buyer took all the documents from my Dad by tricking him and paying 50000 in cash advance saying that he needed the documents to get a bank loan.After few days he claimed that he did not get a bank loan. He wanted to stay in the apartment until he arranges the money. We said no and started looking for new buyers. The buyer now is claiming that he has paid us 19.5 lakhs in cash and filed a case in court that he is in possession of the apartment and we are not registering the apartment in his name even though he paid  the cash.We are in possession of the apartment. He has fabricated the original sale deed with some hand writing that he paid cash and my father received it. He has one witness (probably his friend) signed too. There is no witness signature from our end.Just because he is in possession of the original sale deed, he is claiming that the property belongs to him. We have filed a cheating case in police station.

We plan to respond to the case he filed in court. The fraud buyer is an Government employee of Secunderabad contonment board. He has no evidence any check/DD etc.He is lying that he paid the entire amount of 19.5 lakhs in cash. How to tackle such situation and get this resolved in the quickest possible way?

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 June 2014

Shrink you had done well to file cheating case against him , send another complaint through Indian embassy and narrate this whole story to them in writing and request them to order the hyderabad police to regieter criminal case against the buyer , send a complaint copy to the garrision engineer of cantonment board where he is serving , engage a lawyer for your case don't worry you will get your flat back to you and the offender will go behind the bars don't do any compromise with him he will try so to save his job and himself to go to jail , if you do then get 10 lakh more from him as your compensation for mental tention and monetry loss to do all legal proceedings .
1 Like

Thank you Mr laxmi Kant Joshi Sir. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Any advocates in Secunderabad area interested to represent my case, please provide me with your contact information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register