Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saumya (SE)     18 June 2014

Issue summons to an USA resident,How?

Dear Lawyers,

I got married in 2010 and then was living 6 months in India in mother in law's place later, with my husband in USA for an year. After a year we decided to come back for a vacation for 1 month. I came early and he was suppose come after 15 days but he canceled his trip and just wrote an email saying he does not want to continue with marriage any more. Dowry is the reason for his sudden decision and his mother is the strong supportive pillar for his decision.
I know his USA address and also India Address where his mother stays.
We recently got news that he and his mother conspiring for Remarriage in India.
We have a lawyer and we have filed criminal case against them, and has been issued Summons thrice to appear in the court, but summons not reaching to USA address and we are not receiving any acknowledgment for the summons issued.
if we do not receive any acknowledgment from USA for the third time also? can we send summons to his India address? or what should be appropriate step next?
How else can he be summoned. how does this kind of cases works? Please provide me guidance. 

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     18 June 2014

Send the same through Court by providing Air Mail charges to the concerned Court. Also make arrangements through Indian Embassy 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register