Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maks (SE)     14 June 2014

Need few suggestions reg my 498a

Hi,

In mid of 2012 SHO of girls' region called us saying a complaint was registered against our family under 498A and we should attend in PS for counselling. when my elders went they didn't show up any complaint letter and said "it can only be produced in court" (in real there is no complaint at all). As they started demanding a big amount in PS itself, we refused, discussions failed and my elders came back.

Later SI and higher officials called us for discussion/settlement but we never went there, after one month I filed RCR (clearly mentioned that there is no complaint at all as on that date) and after attending twice she registered a case (498A) and we continued with the legal process.

1. In DVC girl mentioned as police dragged the issue without registering the complaint for benefit of husband (me).

2. There is no complaint at all until the case was registered (nothing mentioned in the CD about our appearance at SHO)

3. Both the parties agreed (in different cases, RCR & DVC) that we went to the PS.

Now my question is - can I highlight this? if so, how can this point be highlighted as we were tortured mentally for settlement with the help of police?

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     14 June 2014

Such things can be done by clever cross examination so that truth can be brought on surface. Such questions depends upon facts, circumstance and skill of the advocate handling the matter and cannot be answered on legal forums.

1 Like

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     14 June 2014

What you gave in WS to DV ?

maks (SE)     15 June 2014

Thanks Archana.

@Atur - WS? I donot understand it, can you please abrevate it.

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     15 June 2014

WS means Written Statement

maks (SE)     15 June 2014

Atur,  I simply denied all her allegations not highlighted any thing else.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register