LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag Bansal (Proprietor)     02 June 2014

Consumer complaint

I purchased a Micromax Mobile Phone, online from a website and it was delivered to me from a Gurgaon (haryana) based vendor. The Manufacturer (Micromax) is also having a registered office in Gurgaon (Haryana).

The handset had regular problems and was sent for service through their Muzaffarnagar (UP) based authorized service centre as i live in Muzaffarnagar (UP). But the same was not serviced and was sent back as it is - that also four times.

I have already served a notice to the Manufacturer & Service Centre, before filing consumer complaint one month back but have not received any reply from the opposite parties. Moreover my phone is returned without servicing after 2 months of sending it for repair. I have all those documents, receipts and proofs.

Kindly advice me on these two points

(1) Can i file a consumer application in Muzaffarnagar (UP) district court or the jurisdiction lies only where the opposite party have its registered office. The cause of action is arising in Muzaffarnagar (UP) as the authorised service centre of the manufacturer is based in Muzaffarnagar (UP) and the handset is also used in the same place.

(2) Procedure for filing Consumer Complaint.

Learning

3 Replies

Rajinder Kumar Arora (Advocate)     02 June 2014

1. The complaint can be filed either at Gurgaon or Mujaffarnagar.

2. Necessary guidelines to file a consumer complaint are available at https://www.cag.org.in/guidelines-filing-complaint

Hope the above information helps.

Rajinder Arora

Tel. 9911502958

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 June 2014

Yes,you can file complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum at Muzaffarnagar[U.P] as cause of action to file complaint arose there also you have availed the services of companies authorised service centre which situated also at Muzaffarnagar so jurisdiction lies Muzaffarnagar also.

For filing complaint contact to local lawyer.

1 Like

Anurag Bansal (Proprietor)     02 June 2014

thanks for the valuable and prompt advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register