Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramya kaur (student)     22 May 2014

Medical test for bank jobs in india

Hello Sirs

i have shortlisted  in bank for clerkial and probationary officer job .. My Query is that i have 6/18( defective) vision in one eye and one is 6/6 (ok)..

can this is no issue or can be a issue ?

i have read somewher  that under article 16 and 14 , no body can be barded for job due to hisphysical disability.

point 29 read please
https://elegalix.allahabadhighcourt.in/elegalix/WebShowJudgment.do
29. We are of the opinion that the petitioner has been illegally and arbitrarily denied appointment as a Probationary Officer. After change of the approach to the physically handicapped persons, under PWD Act, it is no longer open for the State Bank of India to contend that that a person with one normal eye is medically unfit to the officer's job in the Bank..

if this creat problems what should i do ?? 
thanks

Learning

10 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 May 2014

no view can be formed on isolated reference.  How do you know what were facts of the case and how these facts are identical to your case.

1 Like

ramya kaur (student)     23 May 2014

ok sir !! what  are rules in my case ??

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

It is not an isolated reference, she is right, the employer cannot turn down the employment on the basis of said handicapped issue.  The ruling referred by her in the link is not to be found.  However, in case the employer is rejecting the application, after ascertaining the reasons, you may decide about further action on the subject issue, come back with the decision of SBI/employer for further advise.

1 Like

ramya kaur (student)     24 May 2014

thanks kaliselvan sir.

ramya kaur (student)     24 May 2014

sir google linkYogesh Dutt Vs. Union Of India & Others - Allahabad High

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Yogesh+Dutt+Vs.+Union+Of+India+%26+Others+-+Allahabad+High&oq=Yogesh+Dutt+Vs.+Union+Of+India+%26+Others+-+Allahabad+High&aqs=chrome..69i57.400j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

@Ramya Kaur: Thanks for providing the proper link which enabled me to go through the judgment in full.  Thus as per the judgment, visually impaired i.e., one eyed person is eligible to be appointed as an officer of SBI and the court has quashed the SBI's order rejecting the petitioner's candidature and has ordered the bank to appoint him immediately within one month from the date of the impugned order.  Also in the order it can be found that visual acuity 6/18 is extent eligibility criteria, thus this will not be a problem under the normal circumstances too.  Thus, I hope you will not have any problem in getting your appointment in the normal course with the given descripttion of your visual power.  In case of any such event, the apt judgment referred to herein above will be a strong weapon to file a writ of mandamus against the SBI.  Let me wish you all the best in advance and success in your endeavor.

1 Like

ramya kaur (student)     25 May 2014

thanks agian sir , a big respect to you.. for giving your precious time to me

sathishkumar (student)     15 September 2014

hi have u joined the bank successfully bcos me too hav same vision levels 6/6 and 6/18 and i am preparing for ibps po exam thats why i am asking please reply me if you joined the bank successfully

sivaram   08 February 2018

hi.. i am also one eyed person.. please reply me u got posting or not??

sivaram   08 February 2018

hi sathis hav u joined in bank please reply me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register