LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (.)     18 May 2014

Lawyer is not available-498a last hearing date

Hi All, My lawyer is out of station but 498a hearing in Lok adalat on 21.05.204.  Can I attend myself in Lokadalat ask judge give next date? or Can I take other lawyer help on 21.05.2014 ? Please advise..Thanks for help...

Learning

5 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     18 May 2014

Your matter has been listed in Lok Adalat, hopefully for settlement. Better to engage another lawyer, if the case is for settlement, otherwise same would be linger on.

1 Like

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     18 May 2014

Besides that if ur case has already been settled and is pending for payment or signing of the documents only or for the purpose where there is no need of lawyer...then u can appear personally.

1 Like

Srinivas (.)     18 May 2014

Hi, Thanks for quick advise. My case is pending for payment and signing of the documents. Can I appear my self  in Lok adalat  and ask judge for next date or take other lawyer help  ? Please advise. Thanks for ur time..

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 June 2014

You can attend the Lok Adalat

(Guest)

Please read the amount and clauses carefully. Dont get nervous or excited. Judges are quite freindly and sensitive people. if something found wrong or weird, justask for date. 50% chancesare court will give you next date. Lok Adalats arenow held every month.Dont worry. You must be knowing what is to happen on this day.So go ahead

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register