LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit (Student)     10 May 2014

Threat of false rape charges as revenge

Please help me on this Im afraid that my ex girlfriend can file false rape case against me as revenge due to over breakup last year. Im afraid because of very biased law in India.

Here is my story

1. Me and My ex girlfriend were having very healthy relationship for 11 months when I found out that she was cheating on me.

2. We had some physical relationship after we agreed we will marry in future but after sometime she said we cant marry(We both dont have any proof of that).

3.When I found about her other relationship I told this about her brother and than my mother. Both of our families settled this situation in November last year and we were apart for some time.

4. Now the problem begins when she started talking to me again . After some days(2 weeks ago) when I told her that we cant talk anymore as our families have told us to do so. She got angry and started texting me very hurting things. She also told me that she is Commited again with some other guy. ( I saved these texts in case of emergency).

Now please anyone can help me that can she file rape case against me . Im really worried about this . I lost my father 2 year ago and she used me emotionally. Also she has done this with 2-3 more guys. She even lied to me bout having Cancer . I have no one to guide me on this.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

As you said that you have saved her text messages, it is going to protect you as a shield, secure and preserve them properly.  Do not worry about her threats, she will keep giving such threats so long she has been frustrated by other guys, but once she finds another innocent victim, she deviate her full attention towards that victim thereby she will either totally ignore you or forget you, wait for the time to answer, do not rush up with any legal action because that may retaliate against you for being provoked.

1 Like

Thank you Mr. T. Kalaiselvan for your valuable suggestion I will not take any legal action and try to ignore her.

I also have some witnesses proving that she was harassing me and forcing me to be in relationship. And also I have texts saved saying that she has done some crime before and she will marry some other guy.

So should I worry more or not??  

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

If you have the evidences as stated above in your possession, they are strong enough to protect you from her possible false cases in case she intends to foist some on you in  the future, thus secure and preserve all of them very safely and remain calm for the present but be vigil about her activities against you and the developments in that connection.  In case of necessity, you may take the help of lawyer as and when a situation arises.

Ok i'll be careful about that. We are not talking anymore after that incident so I think she is not going to do anything for now.I have already told.her that I saved her messages. That could resist her in filing a case against me. Thankyou for your reply. I'm less worried and will.focus on.my studies now.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2014

nothing more to add

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register