LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chandan (sup)     07 May 2014

Mistake in plot number

i had purchased a plot from a property dealer two years ago in smriti nager, hommadevanahalli, bangalore. now i have planned to construct a house. my engineer saw the sale deed and did site inspection, he noticed that the the plot number mentioned in sale deed is wrong. now what shall i do, i dont know property dealer has done purposefully, or its a just a mistake.

please guide me on the following

(a) should i inform the property dealer

(b) should i start construction

(c) what should i do

Learning

6 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     08 May 2014

You have to execute correction deed for correction of plot number in the sale deed, from your vendor [seller][.

Yes you have to inform property dealer....

chandan (sup)     08 May 2014

sir, what if the property dealer tries to avoid, or tells to give my land back in the same rate as i had purchased in 2010. or tries to do some other trics to take some more money from us.

can i start construction before correction deed

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     08 May 2014

If it is open plot than get fencing... but I do not suggest the construction in this situation,  because you have to take permission for construction... title itself is disputed as plot number is wrong....

first you get correct the plot number and then start construction.

Sir plz reply on the previous question

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2014

You have make a rectification deed duly executed by the vendor otherwise it is not valid.  You cannot construct a house that belongs to another person, the change in plot number means you are not the owner of the present proposed construction site.  Hence contact your vendor and get it rectified through a registered deed executed in your favor carrying out the rectifications properly.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register